• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Spend my money :)

Cobra_DJ99

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2004
well basically if u have that kind of cash to spend on your car all at once get yourself a twin turbo kit and all supporting mods then beef up the drive train and make sure it can take what you can throw at it such as halfshafts, diff brace, 26 spline input shaft, clutch subframe bushings, diff bushings, sfc's, springs, shocks. then you will be ready to tear up some shit

m3_il

Jul 24, 2006
Cobra_DJ99 said:
well basically if u have that kind of cash to spend on your car all at once get yourself a twin turbo kit and all supporting mods then beef up the drive train and make sure it can take what you can throw at it such as halfshafts, diff brace, 26 spline input shaft, clutch subframe bushings, diff bushings, sfc's, springs, shocks. then you will be ready to tear up some shit

i dont wwanna go tt i already have a turbo evo

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
Cobra_DJ99 said:

15k won't cover that if he's paying for work to be done.

Start with either a ported eaton or a kb/whipple blower. get a mid pipe aka x or h pipe. with cats will be quiter than without and an x is more raspy. Get a quality cat back exhaust; kinda your pick, focus pumps, all the fun stuff the kb comes with and a tune you should be around 600whp then. if you have dough left over get a billetflow irs brace, actually, that should be up there in the priority list. also, get a mgw shifter. just my .02

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
m3_il said:
i dont wwanna go tt i already have a turbo evo

well if you want to go twin screw and only considering performance & suspension mods:

all prices are approximate off the top of my head-

$3,500 Twin screw blower
$550 injectors & harnes
$150 BAP
$150 MAFia
$225 fuel pumps
$175 air intake
$250 idlers
$100 blower puley
$300 heat exchanger
$150 ported stock TB & Plenum
$925 DFX clutch, pressure plate & flywheel, 26 spline shaft
$175 subframe connectors
$200 IRS Brace
$150 IRS bushings and doodads
$300 X pipe
$700 cat backexhuast
$300 SCT chip
$300 SCT tunning
--------------------
$8,600 and I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff

Labor on all of that is hard to guess, but I'd say $3,500

That's a total of $12,100 not including tires, IC resevoir, guages, and a host of other stuff

Then you'll probably be dissatisfied with only around 600 rwhp

So you'll want to put a 50 shot on it.

add another $750 + 250 install

you're at $13,100

then you get greedy and want to spray a 150 shot on the stock short block.

result - Blown short block

$3,000 MMR 900 short block
$3,000 labor, gaskets, misc bits and pieces

and you're at $19,100

GAME OVER

the reality of it all sucks

I would hate to count up every penny I have in my car :-o

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
m3_il said:
wats the most hp i can get s/c

depends on how deep your pockets are and how much boost your willing to push

17lbs of boost averages around 580-600rwhp
19lbs of boost averages around 600-630rwhp
21lbs of boost averages around 630-650rwhp
24lbs I'm not sure but I'd guess 650-700rwhp

but anything over 19lbs and you need to run race gas all the time

and you can spray if that's your thing

but anything around the 600rwhp mark and the stock short block is on borrowed time.

m3_il

Jul 24, 2006
Cobra Jack said:

but anything around the 600rwhp mark and the stock short block is on borrowed time.

nah im not a sprayer. but ya i dont have a problem with running race gas, could i just get tuned for alcohol injection. same idea pretty much

m3_il

Jul 24, 2006
Cobra Jack said:

well the thing is this, i love turbos but i dont want the lag, if theres anything that can get around that let me no

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
m3_il said:
well the thing is this, i love turbos but i dont want the lag, if theres anything that can get around that let me no
We arent dealing with a lil' 2.0L motor here.

The stock 281cid with Twin 57mms can be fully spooled by 3500rpms, Twin 50s by 3000rpms. 57s have made 1000rwhp@27psi, 50s have made 800rwhp@20psi

But a turbo kit with a built motor is a 20K project. With 15K Id go with a Twin Screw setup.

m3_il

Jul 24, 2006
hj16 said:
We arent dealing with a lil' 2.0L motor here.

The stock 281cid with Twin 57mms can be fully spooled by 3500rpms, Twin 50s by 3000rpms. 57s have made 1000rwhp@27psi, 50s have made 800rwhp@20psi

But a turbo kit with a built motor is a 20K project. With 15K Id go with a Twin Screw setup.

ya but if u think about it ur dealing with a 2.3 l, and thats wat i have in my evo stroker. so pretty much the same thing, but wats the quickest spooling turbo?

Tranzlucent

Say When
Jun 7, 2004
Pay the loan down on the car and learn to drive it stock while you save more money. If it's already paid for, then save another 5-8k and build a killer motor (big bore, stroker, whatever) solid rear axle, new fuel system, ported heads and custom turbo cams, built auto trans, n20 progressive kit, big single turbo (88mm or so) or twin 67s and call it a day.

m3_il

Jul 24, 2006
Tranzlucent said:
Pay the loan down on the car and learn to drive it stock while you save more money. If it's already paid for, then save another 5-8k and build a killer motor (big bore, stroker, whatever) solid rear axle, new fuel system, ported heads and custom turbo cams, built auto trans, n20 progressive kit, big single turbo (88mm or so) or twin 67s and call it a day.

trust me driving isnt a problem i rean my m3 stock to a 12.8, which it is supposed to be a 13.3-13.5 second car.

Kegger

Addict
Jun 23, 2005
Look at Chris's car over in the Speed Inc. forum. I don't know what size turbo he has (single kit) but it seems to spool pretty quickly. He only had the initial tune done, but there is plenty of room to go while stile on pump gas. I wouldn't be surprised to see the car at ~750 rwhp on pump gas. And remember, this is with a very quick spooling turbo.

Tranzlucent

Say When
Jun 7, 2004
m3_il said:
trust me driving isnt a problem i rean my m3 stock to a 12.8, which it is supposed to be a 13.3-13.5 second car.

You may have, but this is a rwd car with piss poor independent rear suspension (for drag racing) and 400ftlbs at the drop of the gas pedal. Learn to drive this car first before modding it so you won't have to spend more money on broken parts and then lit it rip :burnout:

Cobra Crazy

Dec 16, 2005
Kegger said:
Look at Chris's car over in the Speed Inc. forum. I don't know what size turbo he has (single kit) but it seems to spool pretty quickly. He only had the initial tune done, but there is plenty of room to go while stile on pump gas. I wouldn't be surprised to see the car at ~750 rwhp on pump gas. And remember, this is with a very quick spooling turbo.

Chris just finished his car. It's a 72mm and at 17 psi it put down almost 670.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info