• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Head unit problems

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
So yet another problem with my cobra happens, and it can only happen to the one peice of the car that always brakes when I own one. My last mustang had, count them now, 7 yes I said 7 CD players installed over a 2 year period, one of which started a pretty nice small fire in the back of my dash on my 93 GT which would only seem fit that my STOCK cobra 6 disc has problems like so many others.

Enough bitching now on to the story, So I jump in my 03 to get some smokes and a monster, start her up and the radio comes on....werid I never list to the radio only CDS. So I hit the cd button and it says no disc, and I had 6 disc in there. So have you ever seen the movie office space towards the end when all 3 of them get fired the first guy asks the rest of them, "hey did you steal anything?" The sec. guy responds "no", they both look at the 3rd guy and he goes "I DID", Then they all start beating the shit out of a fax machine with baseball bats, well this is the way I felt not only cause my CD player was about to go out the window but I had $60 of fuckin cds in there. So anyways I say fuck it turn the car off buy my shit and come back out and hit the CD button again and everything works...weird huh?

Anyone else have problems with there stock cd players? Also I always listen to my cd player so as long as the car is on the cd player is working so it does get a lot of use. Second I am a advid chain smoker, which I no smoking hurts the lens of cd players so maybe I should buy a cleaner. Any info on this?

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
RD SNAKE said:
So yet another problem with my cobra happens, and it can only happen to the one peice of the car that always brakes when I own one. My last mustang had, count them now, 7 yes I said 7 CD players installed over a 2 year period, one of which started a pretty nice small fire in the back of my dash on my 93 GT which would only seem fit that my STOCK cobra 6 disc has problems like so many others.

Enough bitching now on to the story, So I jump in my 03 to get some smokes and a monster, start her up and the radio comes on....werid I never list to the radio only CDS. So I hit the cd button and it says no disc, and I had 6 disc in there. So have you ever seen the movie office space towards the end when all 3 of them get fired the first guy asks the rest of them, "hey did you steal anything?" The sec. guy responds "no", they both look at the 3rd guy and he goes "I DID", Then they all start beating the shit out of a fax machine with baseball bats, well this is the way I felt not only cause my CD player was about to go out the window but I had $60 of fuckin cds in there. So anyways I say fuck it turn the car off buy my shit and come back out and hit the CD button again and everything works...weird huh?

Anyone else have problems with there stock cd players? Also I always listen to my cd player so as long as the car is on the cd player is working so it does get a lot of use. Second I am a advid chain smoker, which I no smoking hurts the lens of cd players so maybe I should buy a cleaner. Any info on this?

i have your problems only 100x worse. let me know what you end up doing with your problem, i'll probably do the same.

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
I've got all kinds of problems with my stereo....but it in my Ranger (it is the exact same head unit). It always either says CD ERROR and doesn't eject the disk all the way or it does what you describe. The Cobra's radio works perfect....it knows better then to screw with me, LOL!! I'll punch the shit outta that radio if I get pissed....then I'll be really pissed cuze now is defiatetly broken. I always seems to shoot first and ask questions later, LOL!! Good luck!

Also, just as Andy (cobravenom39) what he thinks about the stock Mach 460......get you checkbook ready, LOL!!

-Mike

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
mine does it in the winter. its condensation on a sensor inside, near as i can tell.

makes it very annoying when it says NO DISC and you want DJ mode for the ipod. restarting the car with the ipod playing often tickles it back to normal, but sometimes i just get INITIALIZING.

so many years of driving old cars with a.m. only got me used to talk radio. i just listen to bbm until the car warms up. :dunno:

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
ShelbyGuy said:
mine does it in the winter. its condensation on a sensor inside, near as i can tell.

makes it very annoying when it says NO DISC and you want DJ mode for the ipod. restarting the car with the ipod playing often tickles it back to normal, but sometimes i just get INITIALIZING.

so many years of driving old cars with a.m. only got me used to talk radio. i just listen to bbm until the car warms up. :dunno:

yea it was a pretty warm day out some maybe that could of done it, eaither way I did bought a cd cleaner and cleaned her out 2 or 3 times....

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
SonicBlur said:
I've got all kinds of problems with my stereo....but it in my Ranger (it is the exact same head unit). It always either says CD ERROR and doesn't eject the disk all the way or it does what you describe. The Cobra's radio works perfect....it knows better then to screw with me, LOL!! I'll punch the shit outta that radio if I get pissed....then I'll be really pissed cuze now is defiatetly broken. I always seems to shoot first and ask questions later, LOL!! Good luck!

Also, just as Andy (cobravenom39) what he thinks about the stock Mach 460......get you checkbook ready, LOL!!

-Mike

Yes, I keep a baseball bat in the back seat now just in case it acts up again im gonna put that damn cd player in it's place...hopfully I won't hit it that hard...the first time....so maybe I can get my cds back....Anyone got a extra broken 6 disc...I might have to beat up on the broken ones to feel a little tuff....

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
RD SNAKE said:
Yes, I keep a baseball bat in the back seat now just in case it acts up again im gonna put that damn cd player in it's place...hopfully I won't hit it that hard...the first time....so maybe I can get my cds back....Anyone got a extra broken 6 disc...I might have to beat up on the broken ones to feel a little tuff....

buy mine for 40 bucks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info