• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

TOB question, I searched & I'm stumped

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Hey guys, my TOB had been chirping a lot in the past, turns out I had the clutch engaging/disengaging too high on the clutch pedal. The chirping would be there whenever the clutch pedal was being pressed and went away as soon as I pressed the pedal down....normal TOB problem. I adjusted the pedal to catch closer to the floor and the noise went away.

Now the noise is back, but the probelm is that it doesnt go away when the clutch pedal is pressed down. Actually, when the car is warmed up the noise will go away, but the noise is present when I shift or any time I press the clutch pedal.

I have a 26 spline DFX, FRPP billet steel FW, McLeod TOB tube, a FW adjuster, and LDC freeplay kit. Of course I'm an idiot and didnt replace the TOB when the new FW was put in a month or two ago does this sound like a TOB problem or do I need to look elsewhere?? Its not an idler or a belt, as the volume of the chirping simply depends on how much I push the clutch pedal down........any ideas??? McLeod sleeve, TOB , etc

Thanks
Jason

blubyu

TCG Elite Member
Nov 7, 2004
firstsvt said:
Hey guys, my TOB had been chirping a lot in the past, turns out I had the clutch engaging/disengaging too high on the clutch pedal. The chirping would be there whenever the clutch pedal was being pressed and went away as soon as I pressed the pedal down....normal TOB problem. I adjusted the pedal to catch closer to the floor and the noise went away.

Now the noise is back, but the probelm is that it doesnt go away when the clutch pedal is pressed down. Actually, when the car is warmed up the noise will go away, but the noise is present when I shift or any time I press the clutch pedal.

I have a 26 spline DFX, FRPP billet steel FW, McLeod TOB tube, a FW adjuster, and LDC freeplay kit. Of course I'm an idiot and didnt replace the TOB when the new FW was put in a month or two ago does this sound like a TOB problem or do I need to look elsewhere?? Its not an idler or a belt, as the volume of the chirping simply depends on how much I push the clutch pedal down........any ideas??? McLeod sleeve, TOB , etc

Thanks
Jason

Yep, sounds like the TOB if it makes noise when you press down. Not what you wanted to hear, but it sounds like you knew it was going to bite you in the arse.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Again there is not enough freeplay in the clutch if the TOB is making noise when the pedal is all the way up. That means that there is no clearance between the TOB and the pressure plate and it needs adjustment.
Adjusting it correctly will eliminate the noise when the pedal is at the top, but not fix the base problem, a bad TOB.

The TOB is definitely bad and needs to be replaced

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• JA$ON
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list