• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

so who here is going to be the first to buy the new KB blower?

mosconiac

Regular
Jan 5, 2005
ShelbyGuy said:
on a certain level, im surprised nobody has done turbo-over-rootes like a detroit diesel 6v-71.
Like these by Rick Dobbertin?

The Pontiac J2000...
32car3.jpg

32car2.jpg

The Nova...
NOVA_PHOTO_ENG_2.jpg

NOVA_PHOTO_ENG_3.jpg

I can't imagine these 80's jizz rods ever ran well.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
cyac5l8trfcar said:
well, here's a question for ya, what will be done to further cool the air charge? bigger blower will move more air at lower boost, but when someone starts to squeeze one of these things will the alleged intercooler in the intake and heat exchanger be enough?

It is more efficient so for every given pound of boost it will be more efficient (cooler) than the smaller KB's. When the boost goes up to 26+ psi or so is when things will get interesting. It would need a big heat exchanger and a high flow IC pump w/ electric fans for the HE as well to keep things cooled off. At least that is what I would do to keep it cool,...along with running my own custom fabbed icebox too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info