• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

MAF cleaning suggestions?

Emil

Regular
May 1, 2004
Guys,
Any suggestions on how to clean the MAF? The thing just don't feel as strong as it used to but the boost is still the same. I just changed out my filter (JLT CAI) which was really dirty. Since these filters are pretty open is it possible some contaminants got on the sense wire? I also did not reset the computer which I'll be doing when I get home but I wonder if that's all it is.
Thanks,
Emil

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
Emil said:
Guys,
Any suggestions on how to clean the MAF? The thing just don't feel as strong as it used to but the boost is still the same. I just changed out my filter (JLT CAI) which was really dirty. Since these filters are pretty open is it possible some contaminants got on the sense wire? I also did not reset the computer which I'll be doing when I get home but I wonder if that's all it is.
Thanks,
Emil

Yeah it is possible that you got the sense wire dirty. Use CRC Contact cleaner to clean it up. If you can't find it anywhere let me know I sell it at my work, we're an electrical supply house. :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• E
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list