• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Leaking A/C

wizdawg

TCG Elite Member
May 1, 2005
I may or may not have posted this on here before. I can not remember. While doing my lower pulley install over winter, I rotated one of those plastic C-shape A/C line couplers and some green oil-like liquid dripped out. The orientation of the C-clip acted like a cup and was holding this liquid. When I rotated it 180 deg., it dripped out.

At the time it really didn't bother me, but my factory warranty ends 8/8 so I got to thinking about it again. Today I took a thermometer and measured the air coming out of the vents. It was 49 deg F. For compairison I then measured my 2000 v6 mustang and it got down to 41 deg F. And our '06 Honda pilot got to about 48 deg.

I don't notice any spots on the floor, but then again I do not run the A/C that much. And I think if there was some dripping out, it is probably getting cought in that coupler. I am one of those that avoid dealership service at all cost. I only take the car in if its a must. I feel it always comes back with more problems than it went in for.

So I need your opinions. Do you guys think I should take it in or not? Approx. how much money am I looking at to fix it down the road when and IF it ever fails completely? Can I damage anything else by running a leaking A/C system?

Thanks,
Brian

wizdawg

TCG Elite Member
May 1, 2005
Here are some pics I took when I first found the leak. Both taken from under the car looking up...

GREENSTUFF.jpg

P1220060.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• wizdawg
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list