• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

How much boost?

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
tune tune tune!!! i can't help ya on how much boost, but you MUST have it tuned! do you have supporting parts as well, i.e. boost a pump, maybe focus or ford GT pumps? idk what else is needed, but it won't take long before you have about 1,000,000 replys. this place is turning into club kb-(which isn't a bad thing :headbang: )

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
lbesaw03 said:
Getting Kenne Bell 2.2 just wondering how much boost i should run on pump gas and wether or not its worth getting the KB Switch chip or forking out the extra money on a dyno tune?

I am running at 19psi (2 & 3/4 pulley) on 93 with sutton tune...thur down 596hp & 574 TQ with very low compression in #7 cylinder (bad rings). I am running the switch a chip and sutton reflashed it, I dont like to mess around with those programmers i would just get into too much trobule. But you have to get it tuned bottom line, its a night and day differences. I panned on stay at 19 psi untill the motor too a crap then i wish i would of had the 2.4 to crack up the boost with the new motor, oh well live and learn

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
cobravenom39 said:
I'm running 19-20 pounds in my K.B. 2.2. I had my car tuned by Herman, but no numbers as of yet. I'm gonna put it on the rollers sometime this week.

Word, I need to get back on a dyno also. When and where ya going Sunshine?

BTW - tune the fuck outa it. I run 93/100 mix on my hot 20 pd tune.

B

Boost12

I would not run anything over 16-17 psi on pump gas. Even with a good tune and the right fuel mods I feel that anything over 17psi on 93 octane is takeing a risk thats not worth takeing. And with all honesty the amount of power you will make at 19 psi when compared to 17 psi is about 15-30whp diff and to me thats not worth blowing the motor up. Pistons cost alot more than putting good gas in the car. If it was me I would just run 100 octane unleaded at 19 psi all the time. The way gas prices are now a days the price gap is not all that bad. I run 110 leaded in my car all the time at a very Mod PSI level and my stock motor is still 100% perfect :biggthump

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Boost12 said:
I would not run anything over 16-17 psi on pump gas. Even with a good tune and the right fuel mods I feel that anything over 17psi on 93 octane is takeing a risk thats not worth takeing. And with all honesty the amount of power you will make at 19 psi when compared to 17 psi is about 15-30whp diff and to me thats not worth blowing the motor up. Pistons cost alot more than putting good gas in the car. If it was me I would just run 100 octane unleaded at 19 psi all the time. The way gas prices are now a days the price gap is not all that bad.
:ditto:

cliffs03 said:
Check out these guys Modularpowerhouse .com, I drove to GA to have my car tuned. Thet do mail order as well. I am running 19 psi at 17 degrees KB 2.2,KB bap, 60# inj etc on pump gas. It dyno'd at 565hp 552tq in 100 degree heat in GA.

I wonder how it would be at 17lbs and 23 degrees timing on pump gas?

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
cliffs03 said:
Check out these guys Modularpowerhouse .com, I drove to GA to have my car tuned. Thet do mail order as well. I am running 19 psi at 17 degrees KB 2.2,KB bap, 60# inj etc on pump gas. It dyno'd at 565hp 552tq in 100 degree heat in GA.

I start sweating whenever I hear 19 psi and pump gas in the same sentence.

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
cliffs03 said:
Its all in the tune, thats why I drove to GA and let Tim at modularpowerhouse work his magic.

dude, we get it... you either love modularpowerhouse or owe them a favor

No one is going to drive to Georgia, especially when we have local tuners that are very competent and we flown in two of the best tuners in the country.

so please stop pushing modpowerhouse down our throats

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
cliffs03 said:
19psi + pump gas = :wall:

Although with those numbers it seems like he left ALOT out of the tune to keep you relatively safe on 93

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info