• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Clutch Question

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
CobraZb said:
So I have about 16500 miles on the car. I am starting to get a faint clutch smell ever so often. I mean I was driving on 294 this morning and got it but it was stop and go traffic. Do you guys think my clutch could be going? I dont know how long the stock clutch lasts. Input needed please.

stock clutches are junk...i replaced mine under 3k miles....enough said..go spec 3 or dfx

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
RD SNAKE said:
stock clutches are junk...i replaced mine under 3k miles....enough said..go spec 3 or dfx

:confused:

There are a ton of people with with over 500rwhp on stock clutches and have decent miles.

my stocker worked and looked perfect after 20K miles and 500rwhp

the only reason I replaced it was the engine was out of the car.

I feel the stock clutch is pretty dang good for holding as much power as some of them do.

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
Cobra Jack said:
:confused:

There are a ton of people with with over 500rwhp on stock clutches and have decent miles.

my stocker worked and looked perfect after 20K miles and 500rwhp

the only reason I replaced it was the engine was out of the car.

I feel the stock clutch is pretty dang good for holding as much power as some of them do.

+1

over 600 rwhp and 14k miles, hans inspected my clutch...perfect...no slipping at all

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
36,000 miles on stock clutch so far including several thousand since the mods boosted the power to 500rwhp. It's not a bad clutch for stock.

If yours is smelling, you might want to check its adjustment. If you don't have an aftermarket adjuster, pull up on the clutch pedal. If it clicks, it needed adjusting. Aftermarket adjuster [and quadrant] is better so keep it in mind if you don't have one yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info