• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Headers

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
Headers are very pricey for 03/04 cobras. Both for the headers themselves (Bassani's can run up to like $1300), and in the installation. For these cars they are really not a big power gain or need for the money until you are making quite a bit more power. I would put the money else where for now, but thats just my $0.02.

CobraZb

Blown Cobra Owner
Dec 24, 2004
1badass96gt said:
Headers are very pricey for 03/04 cobras. Both for the headers themselves (Bassani's can run up to like $1300), and in the installation. For these cars they are really not a big power gain or need for the money until you are making quite a bit more power. I would put the money else where for now, but thats just my $0.02.

I am just looking around, I want to pulley the car but if I pulley it I want atleast a mid pipe and if i get a mid pipe i am going to get the good one off the bat you know what i mean. but i do agree with you.

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
CobraZb said:
I am just looking around, I want to pulley the car but if I pulley it I want atleast a mid pipe and if i get a mid pipe i am going to get the good one off the bat you know what i mean. but i do agree with you.

I guess but you have no real need for LTs till about 600rwhp. I'd pulley, catless midpipe (you can get the same one wheather LT or stock), and get a tune on it. You'll pick up more horsepower by far than a set of headers, and with all the that still spend less money almost.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Cobra Jack said:
unless you're running out of mods to do on the car; don't do headers

I did the JBA shorty headers on my car when the motor was out, so the install cost me nothing, and the headers were $450ish

Jack, how did the shorty's change the sound of the exhaust and do you think they flow a little better than the stock manifolds??? I plan on shorty's when I pull my motor as well. Can the motor get dropped in from the top with the shorty's attached ??

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
cdh027 said:
Jack, how did the shorty's change the sound of the exhaust and do you think they flow a little better than the stock manifolds??? I plan on shorty's when I pull my motor as well. Can the motor get dropped in from the top with the shorty's attached ??

The sound didn't change a whole lot, it's marginally louder and a little deeper.

I do think they flow a lot better, comparing the stockers Vs. the JBA it a fairly noticeable difference... I'd love to see some proof though

not sure about installation from the top, mine was dropped with the K-member

B

Boost12

For a high boost KB or whipple car headers normally gain a min of 15whp and I have seen people gain over 30whp with a tune but on Eaton cars there is really no need for them just because the cost is so much compared to other mods you could do. And go with long tubes if you do them. Not worth getting shortys in my opinion :biggthump

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
hj16 said:
+1 The difference they make isnt worth the money IMO. MidLengths, LTs or bust

Here the JBA shorty's make 14 rwhp and 17 rwtq on a Mustang Dyno
http://www.jbaheaders.com/PDF/03cobra_pkgdyno.pdf with the only mods on the car being a JBA exhuast system

That's pretty impressive in my book, and considering you can get the titanium coated ones for under $500 shipped, and not have to purchase a different mid pipe.

not to mention worring about header leaks and scrapping the ground.

the balls in your court.

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
hj16 said:
WOW JACK!!!!

SO YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT JBA ACTUALLY SAW SIGNFICANT GAINS WITH THEIR OWN SYSTEM DURING THEIR OWN TEST???

You got me, thats a BULLETPROOF case you've got there :rolleyes:

hrrm... I refreshed the page at least a dozen times...

and I still don't see one shread of proof to contraditict anything I said and more importantly to back up anything you said.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:cool:

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
Not going to try and get in the middle of anyones arguements. Shorties are for the most part useless on Modular engines. They were great on 5.0s but on modulars they rarely show any substancial gains. Ask anyone that had before and after numbers of those alone. Now in Jacks case, engine was out, why not get something more out of it. But to spend the money to put them in otherwise, no the best dollar spent. On 03/04s LTs aren't the best money spent either though unless like someone else said its a whipple, KB, or at the very least ported eaton.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info