• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Motor is toast

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
It was a mail order tune. I can tell you for certain from now on I will never do anything to my car without getting it checked on the dyno immediately after. Thing is I never beat on my car, but it was soo lean that it didnt matter. I'm really surprised the exhaust valves didnt go first.

Mods are:

Stage 4 blower, throttlebody and plenum port
2.8 upper and 2lb lower
60lb injectors
BAP
MAFia
K&N FIPK
MRT catted H
Magnaflow catback

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
Flyn high again said:
Sorry to hear the news. Time to upgrade.

Absolutely ! ! :biggthump You Beat me to it.

Look on the Bright Side - The parts that are gonna Suck are GONNA Suck Anyhow.
Take the Opportunity that being in there presents and give yourself some Upgrades.

I've Never Smoked a Motor and NOT Been Better off with the same car one year later.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Thanks guys. It will be a while until I get this fixed (unless I really want a divorce). The car still runs and doesnt make any funny noises so it must have happened slowly over time. It took 6 tunes to get my AFR to where it should have been initially. I guess I can still cruise with the top down and "somewhat" enjoy the car. It just kills me because I take so good care of it and have always kept the miles low. Oh well, things could be alot worse. It'll be stronger when it's all done. :biggthump

Hey, anyone know where I can pick up some of that motor repair in a can ??? :p

Venomblue22

If you only knew
Mar 7, 2005
cdh027 said:
Thanks guys. It will be a while until I get this fixed (unless I really want a divorce). The car still runs and doesnt make any funny noises so it must have happened slowly over time. It took 6 tunes to get my AFR to where it should have been initially. I guess I can still cruise with the top down and "somewhat" enjoy the car. It just kills me because I take so good care of it and have always kept the miles low. Oh well, things could be alot worse. It'll be stronger when it's all done. :biggthump

Hey, anyone know where I can pick up some of that motor repair in a can ??? :p
Im sorry man i hate it when shit like that happens,,,,hope the pully cover is ok :laughing2 ,,,but fyi your subframes are toast :crying:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info