• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I just finished up the turbo kit

TOPGUN

Regular
Dec 25, 2005
I know I know you’re tired of seeing my car from the bottom, those days are over! lol

The turbo kit has been coming along slower then I wanted. It’s been a matter of getting parts. Over the winter I was at school and Dan @ speed inc. was working hard on finishing the hot side. When I got back from school I was disappointed to here the intercooler was on back order until late August (yes even shop employees have to wait for parts).

Extremely impatient, I started calling around and found a company bell intercoolers very pricey but they real nice stuff and they can ship them in three days. I was so pumped once the intercooler got here. I was working on the car every night after work. Two weeks later I had the complete cold side fabricated and installed.

I put the 60# injectors in it and Bob kurgan burned a chip for me to start the car and drive it in and out of the shop. I finished installing the innovative boost controller today and the only thing I have left to do is get the twin FORD GT fuel pumps installed once that’s done it will be on the rollers and Bob will come back and dyno tune it.

Over next winter I want to get the cold side powder coated the same color as the turbo (graphite gray). I would do it now but I just want to drive the car not wait another seven to ten days for powder coating. so for now it will be rattle can black. oooo yea. :(

cobraturbo010.jpg

One thing I demanded from dan was to not sacrafice ground clearance and as you can see the system doesnt.

cobraturbo009.jpg

turn your computer screen 90* to the right to see this one.
cobraturbo008.jpg

if your wondering thats Krylon

cobraturbo007.jpg

a little paint and finishing and it should look good.

cobraturbo006.jpg

cobraturbo005.jpg

cobraturbo001.jpg

a little paint and finishing touched it should look good. Cant wait to see the cold side coated.
2003cobraturbo003.jpg

2003cobraturbo002.jpg

TOPGUN

Regular
Dec 25, 2005
Stangfreak91 said:
nice!! I know you can't wait to drive it!

your right I can't wait.

Boost12 said:
Looking awsome man! But please take off that POS turbo xs BOV ! That car is way too nice to have that thing on it I use to run that same BOV on my old turbo cars and wish I would have never bought them

Yea we never used turbo xs before but I needed a bypass valve not a BOV so I called a supplier he said he had this on the shelf and I was like hum Ill try it. we are a Tial dealer but they dont offer a bypass valve. Thanks for the heads up maybe Ill start looking for something else.

VenomInside said:
woo-hoo! congrats chris!

Thanks

-=SVT=- said:
I really like were you put the Turbo timer and boost gauge. SHARP!!! But over all it is really sweet!

Yeah it was a hard one to find a place to mount it almost ended up in the glove box.

Oncebitten03 said:
very nice set up chris, cant wait to see what it puts down

Thanks as soon as I get some numbers Ill post them up for you guys.

Blood on Blood said:
Very nice...

Thanks it was a lot of late nights but I think it will be worth it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info