• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

compression test on 03 Cobra

Shane97Cobra

Addict
Apr 27, 2005
cdh027 said:
Going to my cousins shop tomorrow morning for a compression test. Does he need anything out of the ordinary to reach the spark plug holes in our massively deep heads ???

Most the compression testers are two pieces, to fit several different spark plug thread sizes. Usually for the ford heads you have to put on the other fitting. Be sure the tighten the holy hell out of the fitting. If it unscrewes from the tester instead of the fitting unscrewing from the head you will have a bitch of a time getting the fitting out down in that hole. Othere than that the test is easy.

Be sure to tap and shut off the fuel inertia switch.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Shane97Cobra said:
Most the compression testers are two pieces, to fit several different spark plug thread sizes. Usually for the ford heads you have to put on the other fitting. Be sure the tighten the holy hell out of the fitting. If it unscrewes from the tester instead of the fitting unscrewing from the head you will have a bitch of a time getting the fitting out down in that hole. Othere than that the test is easy.

Be sure to tap and shut off the fuel inertia switch.

there is a oring at the bottom of the fitting just make sure it is tight so it wont blow out of the hole, dont over tighten it, it will mess up the o ring.

p.s. get out my result on my compression test..i wasnt' happy with them

http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?t=12352

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info