• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I've got a big fat ass!

PETSNKE

DRIVEN
Mar 13, 2004
Got the car weighed while I was at Putnam a few weeks ago. All the chassis bracing I've done for road course duty really has added to my total weight. With me (210lbs), spare tire/jack, and approx. 15 gals of fuel my specs are:

LT------RT
1078------996
823------793

Total 3691

Cross 49.3%
LT 51.5%
F 56.2%

I have no idea what the cross,Lt, and F fiquires mean :dunno:
I do know that 3691 lbs total track weight is too damn heavy even by SN95 standards and now I just added another 25-30lbs installing a Sparco harness bar and harness. I keep the spare tire in place on a the road course because it preserves the rear crumple zone in case someone behind losses ther brakes and runs into me.

Anyone have any weight reduction ideas other than rear seat delete and lightweight front seat replacements?

TOPGUN

Regular
Dec 25, 2005
PETSNKE said:
Anyone have any weight reduction ideas other than rear seat delete and lightweight front seat replacements?

I have seen people go as far as pulling the insulation off the back of the carpet. Some people have removed bumper supports, inner fenders, seats, go to a light weight race seat, windshield washer fluid resevoir, windshield wipers and motor, cruise control, A/C and heater, radio, light weight hood and deck lid, light weight wheels, light weight brakes, tubular k member and a arms. most of these things you wouldnt want to do to a daily driver but I have seen it done.

I would do the k member if you havent already; with a arms and coilovers you save a considerable amount of weight..

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
10th03cobra said:
No, my car is a pig.

3940lbs with me in it and:
- no spare or jack
- 1/2 tank of gas
- chrome 18" rims
- no tools or extra crap inside car

The extreme matrix kit and rear strut tower brace added some weight.

DAMN!!! My little GT sat on the scale at full weight with spare tire and all and it hit a grand total of 3300 even :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
PETSNKE said:
Got the car weighed while I was at Putnam a few weeks ago. All the chassis bracing I've done for road course duty really has added to my total weight. With me (210lbs), spare tire/jack, and approx. 15 gals of fuel my specs are:

LT------RT
1078------996
823------793

Total 3691

Cross 49.3%
LT 51.5%
F 56.2%

I have no idea what the cross,Lt, and F fiquires mean :dunno:
I do know that 3691 lbs total track weight is too damn heavy even by SN95 standards and now I just added another 25-30lbs installing a Sparco harness bar and harness. I keep the spare tire in place on a the road course because it preserves the rear crumple zone in case someone behind losses ther brakes and runs into me.

Just a question seeing you mentioned road racing. Where can I get invloved in a open road races. I have been wanting to turn this 99 into a open road car since I already have a 93 cobra built for the strip. I think I will post this question and see what pops up around here. Any info you have would be great :headbang:

PETSNKE

DRIVEN
Mar 13, 2004
99 Stangbanger said:
Just a question seeing you mentioned road racing. Where can I get invloved in a open road races. I have been wanting to turn this 99 into a open road car since I already have a 93 cobra built for the strip. I think I will post this question and see what pops up around here. Any info you have would be great :headbang:

I'm a open tracker, my pockets are not deep enough to do any racing even if I had the skills to do so.

As far as open track events go, my next one will be with SVTOA at Gingerman on July 15/16
http://www.motorsportreg.com/calendar/event.cfm?uidEvent=A760B1F9-00A0-5983-B1AD771D9165AA71

PETSNKE

DRIVEN
Mar 13, 2004
I'm happy with my current suspension set-up and plan on running it "as is" for a year or two.

I've been looking at those Dyna-Bat Batteries. I think that may save me 15lbs off the nose, just haven't found a battery hold-down for one yet. My car still has the 10 year old stock battery in it anyway, so I have nothing to lose trying one.

Rear seat delete is something else I am going to do. I'll probably have to make my own since I need the back to fold down so I can still fit my Ez-Up canopy in the car. If i didn't bring that to the track I probably would have skin cancer by now :eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info