• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Possible Mods??

BlownVenom01

Addict
Mar 19, 2006
I've been havin a few iffy's about my car lately and i need some opinions. First, it sounds like my valves rattle at 2800-3100 rpm and theyve done that for months. at 1000-3000 rpm i believe my throwout bearing is acting up cuz it makes a rattley/scratchey noise that isn't coming from my exhaust but only when in gear. Also at a cool startup my leftside ticks. All in all, it runs great but i think its time to do something to my engine at 70k. Right now i have little funds but if i sell my bike this fall i'll have roughly 3 to 4g to play with. I know i can fix all these problems for cheaper but What's the best I can do with that kinda money that'll fix those problems and put some more oomph in my gas pedal. (besides the obvious replacement of the clutch.)

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
Put cams in it. FR500's are the best for a n/a car, they come with new valves, seals, retainers, springs, and obviously cams. While you have the heads off may as well put new valve guides in too.

Clutch wise, just put a new one in it. If you're not going power adder any time soon just put a ford racing king cobra in it. Or you could go nuts with a dfx if that's what you want.

just my .02

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• BlownVenom01
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list