• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Dyno results as of 6-25-06

Painter

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Well, car will be here tomorrow and we still have some work to do. 9am exhaust appt, then we have to figure out how to work the eboost controller and also figure out some fluttering issues in the wastegates. HP today was 869 and TQ was 785, that was with a 11.5 a/f 19 deg timing, 22psi and race gas. So my plan is to figure out all the other issues and then run 25psi with timing at around 16-17 and use only 100 unleaded, my hope is to run around 900 for the street with a very safe tune but we have to see what adding the exhaust, thus increasing backpressure is going to do first. Wish me luck guys!!! I took off of work all day tomorrow to play with it.......my car I mean, its been 6 months so I might have to figure out how to drive it again!!

Ray

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Painter said:
Why are 5th gear numbers going to be different than 4th?? but yes they are 5th gear numbers
They'll be different unless he corrected for them by making the gear ratio higher (numerically lower) than 3.55. 4th is 1:1 so its a 3.55 ratio, 5th is .75 so its a 2.66 drive. If you didint correct for it the numbers would be much lower.

But now that after Ive said all that I realize that any tuner/car guy with .02 cents would correct it. My bad

BADASS EITHER WAY THOUGH

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Painter said:
Well, car will be here tomorrow and we still have some work to do. 9am exhaust appt, then we have to figure out how to work the eboost controller and also figure out some fluttering issues in the wastegates. HP today was 869 and TQ was 785, that was with a 11.5 a/f 19 deg timing, 22psi and race gas. So my plan is to figure out all the other issues and then run 25psi with timing at around 16-17 and use only 100 unleaded, my hope is to run around 900 for the street with a very safe tune but we have to see what adding the exhaust, thus increasing backpressure is going to do first. Wish me luck guys!!! I took off of work all day tomorrow to play with it.......my car I mean, its been 6 months so I might have to figure out how to drive it again!!

Ray

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:biggthump

fearbluer1

My 4cyl just beat your 8!
Mar 2, 2004
Painter said:
I will be getting it to the ground by means of a large tokoyo drift carbon fibre 12 stage wing, haha, I am not really worried about getting it to the ground all that much, my lvl 5's with bfg dr's should be fine for around 800-850hp.

Well here is to wishful thinking! :chug: Maybe pigs will start to fly too..... :joke:

Mid gear, good luck your going to have your hands full, just wait till you experience a 100+ mph kickout in 3rd & 4th gear with those bfg's.

I'm taking stock in Hanes and FTL. Painter is going to be changing his shorts frequently.

B

Boost12

Painter said:
I hope she's an animal, Dave said he had to tune it in 5th gear :dunno: because it ramped in 4th from 4000-7000 in like a second or too and that was not enough time to datalog. haha i guess thats a good problem eh?
Thats kinda how it was with my car last time we tuned it. The tires keept blowing off on the dyno so it was hard to get a true HP/TQ reading. Not to mention it was kinda tricky tuning the low RPMs when the tires keept spinning :eek:h: But anyways congrats on the new setup man sounds like its gonna be one mean cobra :biggthump

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
Painter said:

Ray
Damn!~ Congrats Ray!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
yep, plus hes used to driving a buick and to turn the car up to even more power before youve driven it yet is going to be a big mistake man. Please be careful, we dont need anything hurt whether it be the motor or you/other motorists.

Run the car on low boost for a while, get used to it, then run racegas bro. Your motor will thank you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info