• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Help me pick my next 16 " track tire, 3.90 gears, upper/lower, leaving hard

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Well I went to the track yesterday and came away a bit disappointed, I recently added a 2lb lower and a FMS billet steel flywheel. It was 90 degrees out, humid, and had probably a 20 MPH headwind, so I couldnt even match my best before the lower pulley (11.41). I have a built 8.8" rear with 33 spline axles, 3.90's, and all the good stuff. I have Bogarts 16 x 10 rear and have been running 26 x 11.5 x 16 ET Streets and I think they are done, they are about a calendar year old and probably have 50 passes on them, but still have some tread, but with the lower pulley and heavy wheel, I couldnt get them to hook yesterday. It was spin or bog, best 60' was 1.65 (launching @ 6000) while spinning and I am usually in the 1.5's. I built the car to be launched hard, so whats a good tire for me on a 16" rim?

I spent too much $$$ on the wheels to ditch em. I was thinking about the Hoosier slicks 28 x 10 x 16? I am only a bit over 500 RWHP, but between the DFX clutch and heavy wheel, and 6000+ RPM launches, traction is important. How will 28's work on my car?? Any other options / opinions are appreciated I need the good 60' to turn the times I should!

Thanks,
Jason

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
This is a post for Modular Fords. That's where there's a whole buncha REAL Drag Racers like YOU hang out! I personally am only just getting used to the MT ET Streets in bias ply form and am having a ball with them.

4800-5500 dumps and they only spin for like 10' and off I go. Too bad I was too CHICKEN to really keep my foot in it or I may have had one of those 1.5 60' times you were getting. My best was only a 1.67.

onecobra2fear

Regular
Sep 29, 2004
firstsvt said:
Well I went to the track yesterday and came away a bit disappointed, I recently added a 2lb lower and a FMS billet steel flywheel. It was 90 degrees out, humid, and had probably a 20 MPH headwind, so I couldnt even match my best before the lower pulley (11.41). I have a built 8.8" rear with 33 spline axles, 3.90's, and all the good stuff. I have Bogarts 16 x 10 rear and have been running 26 x 11.5 x 16 ET Streets and I think they are done, they are about a calendar year old and probably have 50 passes on them, but still have some tread, but with the lower pulley and heavy wheel, I couldnt get them to hook yesterday. It was spin or bog, best 60' was 1.65 (launching @ 6000) while spinning and I am usually in the 1.5's. I built the car to be launched hard, so whats a good tire for me on a 16" rim?

I spent too much $$$ on the wheels to ditch em. I was thinking about the Hoosier slicks 28 x 10 x 16? I am only a bit over 500 RWHP, but between the DFX clutch and heavy wheel, and 6000+ RPM launches, traction is important. How will 28's work on my car?? Any other options / opinions are appreciated I need the good 60' to turn the times I should!

Thanks,
Jason

how do you like your 3.90 gear? I thinking about getting one, is it quiet, does it pull much harder than the3.55?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• JA$ON
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list