• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Looking for a $200-300 mod.

What to buy with $200-300

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
Got my tax refund to spend and Im wondering what to do with it.

I could buy....
A. Springs
B. Shifter
C. Intake
D. Spend more and get rims that dont have flaking chrome
E. New Hood
F. Catback/X or H pipe
G. Make a suggestion
OR
H. Save money or invest it til i can afford a turbo kit?
(If you vote for the turbo please vote for another as well)
I. Gears

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Wiked03 said:
I don't see gears on your list... but they are one of the best mods you can do to an NA Mustang. Would be a little out of that price range though.

If not intereted in gears, then I vote the exhaust, intake or shifter. Go > show. :D

:stupid: :beer:

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
How about my NEW Kenny brown stut tower brace made for your 99 for $225 listed already today on here :headbang: All you need is a wrench socket set drill and a bit and your styling. Did anyone ever tell you chrome adds HP :biggthump I say about 150 extra hp:laughing2 Tie that roofless together :clap:

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
Wiked03 said:
I don't see gears on your list... but they are one of the best mods you can do to an NA Mustang. Would be a little out of that price range though.

If not intereted in gears, then I vote the exhaust, intake or shifter. Go > show. :D
I agree with this man 100%!! At least you'll be able to feel your $200-$300 mod. Everything else is important but the gears will REALLY wake up your N/A Cobra! I say find a cheaper gear set and save up for an MGW shifter...the stock one BLOWS!!

-Mike

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
I have to agree with anyone saying GEAR"S and Exhust. And since you have a 99' I would say exhust forsure. Hopefully your car was dealer fixed for the recall but some never took em in to get the work done. Like my buddy who was oversea's in the Armed forces for 4 years.

Gears
Sticky tires.
Exhust.
cold air intake.
Underdrive Pullies.
Shifter.
TUNE!!!!!!!!!

Some will debate this, but I do think its a good start for your 99.

TUNE, TUNE TUNE!!!!!!

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
CobraSusie said:
exhaust gains HP and has a nice sound,
personally I had a lowered Cobra and don't plan to do it to this one :dunno:

shifter would be second choice, then cold air etc. etc.

You had a 99 right? How come you didnt like the drop once you did it? I love the height, look and the feel around corners :headbang: It seems to grip better but then again I think my tires have a lot to do with that :burnout:

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
within the next few days I will have for sale.....

Bassani catback with magnapacks
bassani o/r x
dynotune nitrous kit (wet kit complete with everything)
jlt black Cold air intake
spec stage 3 clutch
fidanza flywheel

let me know if you interested in anything, thanks!

Svt Abuser

SVT FTP
Jul 26, 2006
svt, I am interested in your exhaust, maybe the nitrous....I have a deal on the table for parts coming from FL and TN, if I could pick them up instead, that would be a plus! of course, if Rott is not interested (didnt mean to pirate your thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info