• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Pauls High Performance Toe Link Bars???

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
FuelSlut said:
I have a chance to pick up PHP rear toe link bars (adjustable) brand new in box for $100. Is it worth it? What can they do 4 my 04 cobra? Anyone have any experience with them?

That's a good price, but not sure how much it will help. Paul says:

"The PHP IRS Toe Link Bars replace the weak OE units that flex under power in road race and drag-strip conditions. Once the bars are installed, and with a little driving finesse, the wheel-hop is virtually eliminated. The PHP IRS Toe Link Bars also improve cornering on the road course."

They retail for $410.00/pair and are overpriced. My guess is they would only help us O/T guys that are running sticky tires. I don't see them helping in a straight line. But I am not a suspension expert.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I have set from Kenny Brown and have NO IDEA they are there. I believe now that I have seen the stock stuff that the aftermarket design will NOT flex or deviate, but I truly only did it because the SVT Cobra was built to "DO IT" a couple of times a year, parts like that will "DO IT" all the time for life.

You shouldn't have to pay 410.00...yeesh, take them for 100.00 QUICK!

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
KennyBrown's just replaced half. This is the entire bar with both ends. It is huge, looks like a strut.

Since 1964 said:
I have set from Kenny Brown and have NO IDEA they are there. I believe now that I have seen the stock stuff that the aftermarket design will NOT flex or deviate, but I truly only did it because the SVT Cobra was built to "DO IT" a couple of times a year, parts like that will "DO IT" all the time for life.

You shouldn't have to pay 410.00...yeesh, take them for 100.00 QUICK!

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
ChicagoMike said:
$100 is a steal. Get them.

I paid full price for mine. Compared to stock, the stock toe link bars look like toothpicks. The toe link bars are part of the red pill for eliminating wheel hop. It cannot hurt at all. You will need an alignment after the install.

Do you think they would help w/ hop. Nicks bushings were also part of the red pill, so not everything is gospel from postban.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
are the php ones aluminum or steel? the kenny brown units are definately an improvement over stock. not sure how you would fit a bigger rod end in there and still have the range of movement required. nothing wrong with the stock outer toe link end as such, its just heavy. as far as changing the curve for bumpsteer, it doesnt really matter whether or not you do it at the outer end or the inner end.

$100 is a smokin deal.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
ShelbyGuy said:
are the php ones aluminum or steel? the kenny brown units are definately an improvement over stock. not sure how you would fit a bigger rod end in there and still have the range of movement required. nothing wrong with the stock outer toe link end as such, its just heavy. as far as changing the curve for bumpsteer, it doesnt really matter whether or not you do it at the outer end or the inner end.

$100 is a smokin deal.
They are aluminum. Real light weight, yea I got them as soon as I got the offer to take them off of the guy. He sold both his cobras and he didnt need them. Thats crazy I didnt even know they were $410, thats such bs, I thought they r around $200 max.http://secure-order-area.net/paulsh...age=523205&type=&frame=&cart_id=8447784_19612

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
FuelSlut said:
They are aluminum. Real light weight, yea I got them as soon as I got the offer to take them off of the guy. He sold both his cobras and he didnt need them. Thats crazy I didnt even know they were $410, thats such bs, I thought they r around $200 max.http://secure-order-area.net/paulsh...age=523205&type=&frame=&cart_id=8447784_19612

Can you measure the dia. of the aluminum rod and the ID of the Heim joints. I got some nice aluminum hex rod I might be able to fab up a set.

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
ShelbyGuy said:
the kenny brown set you have will give you the right size for stuff on the inner end. dont forget you reuse the stock thick black washer/spacer.

Kenny Brown is not Aluminum. Fuel Slut says PHP is Aluminum. I imagine that you have to go larger dia. to go w/ aluminum. To me, aluminum round stock doesn't seem like the best choice, I would rather go w/ the aluminum hex stock. But I am not an engineer or metallurgist.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
i meant as far as the rod end and spacers go. if you want to change from a female to a male rod end (which is apparently what the php setup does) you'll still need the specs for the rod end itself. aside from the male/female lh/rh threaded end. im talking about the hole in the big end. :)

Mystic Terminator said:
Kenny Brown is not Aluminum. Fuel Slut says PHP is Aluminum. I imagine that you have to go larger dia. to go w/ aluminum. To me, aluminum round stock doesn't seem like the best choice, I would rather go w/ the aluminum hex stock. But I am not an engineer or metallurgist.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info