• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

1,172rwhp@27psi

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
This pretty much makes it 1000% clear that Turbos own the world.

Incase you dont want to read it over there...

We just finished dynoing the White 03 Cobra of Rex's (Bill Ross's old Cobra Shinoda) and with 75# injectors and 61MM turbo upgrades it made 1,172 RWHP!

Many thanks go out to Nate Phillips- Rocky Mtn. Racing - tuning, Chris Groves - Dyno Edge, Rex Glenn - Cobra Shinoda Owner, Johnny - THP lead technician and many others. I will post up the graph ASAP. That's more than 4 HP per Cu Inch. Enjoy! Heres' to the best modular Mustang site and people around.
Thanks! Jim - Turbo HorsePower

2V = 912 RWHP 96-04 Mustangs
3V = 753 RWHP 05-06 Mustangs
4V = 1,172 RWHP 96-04 Cobras
How much psi? 1. 27#s of boost
What fuel system? 2. Pauls High Performance Return style system with two 310 LPH pumps in the tank
Thanks! Jim - Turbo HorsePower
thp1172_graph_sm.jpg

281cid, 03 Heads, FR500 Cams, Stock Rods, Stock Crank, Twin 61mm Turbos, 2.5" Exhaust :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic

Party on Wayne.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
SonicBlur said:
Yeah, where's that AMS Evo now?!? LOL! 27#'s of boost and almost 1,200HP!!! But I am still convinced that cars with this kinda power are mainly dyno queens, no way a street car could hook with this kinda power...it would have to be a race car. Impressive as hell, though.

-Mike
The beauty of a turbo car... Lower boost by gear to where it can hook up. 1st gear 10psi, 2nd gear 15psi, 3rd gear 20psi, 4th gear 25psi. Then once you're done playing just dial it down to 5psi and get a billion miles to the gallon on the ride home :D

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
hj16 said:
The beauty of a turbo car... Lower boost by gear to where it can hook up. 1st gear 10psi, 2nd gear 15psi, 3rd gear 20psi, 4th gear 25psi. Then once you're done playing just dial it down to 5psi and get a billion miles to the gallon on the ride home :D
Holy crap! That's cool, I didn't know you could do that!! I want a twin-turbo setup, LOL!!!

-Mike

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
hj16 said:

Hank you can't be serious. I swear that will be my storage season project. I think my car is dangerous at 500RWHP, WTF, 800? If I NEED it?

No way your serious, I am shocked.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Since 1964 said:
Hank you can't be serious. I swear that will be my storage season project. I think my car is dangerous at 500RWHP, WTF, 800? If I NEED it?

No way your serious, I am shocked.
Dead Serious. Certain boost controllers allow you to program boost per gear. It takes the idea of street tuning to a whole different level.

In addition to having that setup you can at the same spin the dial to whatever you want. 5psi for long trips then at an instant go into boost per gear mode or just crank it up to 20psi and scare the shit out of someone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info