• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Adjustable Clutch Cable Help!!!!

TaintedSnake01

Tainted Racing
Aug 14, 2005
Anyone who has done this mod please chime in and let me know what im doing wrong.

I put on the

:Steeda Double Hook Quadrant Adjuster
:Steeda Firewall Adjuster
:Steeda Adjustable Clutch Cable.

The Symptoms

It seems like the clutch is not disengaging enough when the clutch is pressed down inside the car. Shifting from 1-2 at anything over 3500rpm is almost impossible. 2-3 is a little easier 3-4 is cake.

When sitting still and trying to go into reverse, the clutch makes the grinding sound but if you pull a little harder it goes into reverse.

The clutch cable is on the first hook of the quadrant adjustor, and about halfway up the adjustable part on the clutch fork. I have tried putting the cable almost all the way out on the clutch fork to allow it to reach the second hook on the quadrant but it will not reach.

Someone please help me figure out what is wrong. The car is drivable but its not to fun having to force it into second. Thank you

Mike

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• TaintedSnake01
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list