• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

coolant expansion tank warped - replace with?

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
I am replacing the radiator cap with a new one, and using teflon tape around the plastic threads on the tank. 3rd radiator cap. I searched svtperf.com and that is the problem, several people replaced the expansion tank and the problem went away.

Dan of LDC also told me they were prone to warpage. Mine has been doing it since very early on. Air is out of the system, no heat issues. Just coolant dribbling from the cap, and over time it gets worse to where I replace the cap and start over. Even with the new cap it will still dribble but not as bad.

Boost12 said:
Wait how do you know its warped...? Ive never even seen that before :dunno:

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Problem solved. Radiator cap replaced and teflon taped the threads of the expansion tank.

Topped off the coolant.

Result: lower temps, faster car.

Also found the vacuum line to the HOBBS switch that goes to the FRPS blown off even though it was zip tied. I double zip-tied it and all is well. I suspect that is what caused my radiator cap to completely fail.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info