• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

8 rib conversion for 4.6L

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
I've got a '01 cobra with a blower. i plan on running some more boost but i'm not to keen on the 6 rib belt. anyone know of anywhere i can get a 8 rib conversion? Procharger said they make the pulley for the blower for that set up so that's covered and they know how long the belt has to be. I've heard that the stock pullies off a lightning will work, any one got all of 'em for sale?

Shane97Cobra

Addict
Apr 27, 2005
I had a thread from Corral posted by a guy that did an 8 rib conversion pretty cheap. He used Navigator 8 rib pulleys for the crank, W/P, Alt, A/C, etc. Then just shimmed out the blower the correct amount. You might give a good search over there.

Innovators West and another company make 8 rib SFI pulleys that are actually larger in size for more boost an belt wrap also.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
cyac5l8trfcar said:
It's very undescriptive of what it consist of, and i'm curious how the a/c compressor still works. The steeda one is about 500+ but idk if it's worth that much dough.

To switch the A/C compressor over to 8 rib you actually take the clutch assy apart and replace the 6 rib pulley with an 8 rib one and then put it all back together.

I think Kenne Bell offers one too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info