• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Are Cross Braces needed/recommended?

HURTNEM

Jul 14, 2005
I'm looking into Full Length SFCs and wanted to know are Cross Braces ($80 Parts, $120 Labor)something I need to add with them. I'm not familiar with Cross Braces, so I don't know how important they would be or if I would be missing out on any "needed" benefits if I didn't get them.

Also, are Jacking Rails ($40 Parts, $60 Labor) truly worth it or can I just jack up the car anywhere along the SFCs?

Thanx in advance

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
HURTNEM said:
I'm looking into Full Length SFCs and wanted to know are Cross Braces ($80 Parts, $120 Labor)something I need to add with them. I'm not familiar with Cross Braces, so I don't know how important they would be or if I would be missing out on any "needed" benefits if I didn't get them.

Also, are Jacking Rails ($40 Parts, $60 Labor) truly worth it or can I just jack up the car anywhere along the SFCs?

Thanx in advance

your seriously going to pay someone to put a cross brace on? it's 6 nuts. 8 if you get one that bolts to the firewall.

If you go ahead with subframes get the jacking rails. they are a must. To answer your first question a cross brace is a good idea. Get one for the rear too if your serious about keeping the car rigid. But, the rear one will take away all functionality of the trunk.

Racerx66

BiG MeMBeR
Apr 10, 2004
HURTNEM said:
What exactly do Cross Braces do? Why wouldn't I be able to use the trunk if I get them?

The cross brace, or K-member brace, mounts underneath your car and ties your K-member together, it does not go in your trunk.

What would take up room in your trunk would be a shock tower brace. That would limit your trunk room.

Take a look at Maximum Motorsports website, they have a big selection to give you a better idea.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I did all that bracing, shock towers, SFC, extreme matrix kilt so I could jack it up anywhere along the sides, and few others like the k member and so on. My truck did become a lot less usefull, but I think my car is quiet and does not rattle AT ALL, much less flex anywhere near like stock.

I have over 125 passes down the 1/4 mile and that's why I did it.

I will say in full boost now that I have the 4:10 gear I can see my body twist up to the left when I hammer it, especially in second, much less 3rd.

Buy it, get it all, it's worth it.

HURTNEM

Jul 14, 2005
Since 1964 said:
I did all that bracing, shock towers, SFC, extreme matrix kilt so I could jack it up anywhere along the sides, and few others like the k member and so on. My truck did become a lot less usefull, but I think my car is quiet and does not rattle AT ALL, much less flex anywhere near like stock.

I have over 125 passes down the 1/4 mile and that's why I did it.

I will say in full boost now that I have the 4:10 gear I can see my body twist up to the left when I hammer it, especially in second, much less 3rd.

Buy it, get it all, it's worth it.

How much did the complete setup cost you (parts and labor)?

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
I got the Kenny Brown subframes, matrix brace and jacking rails and the car is very firm now. I alos have the Kenny Brown rear shock tower brace and it does not eat up that much trunk space. In fact it gives it an area to hold stuff so it don't slide all over the place.

I love the jack rails, make is much easier to jack off my car... :p

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
10th03cobra said:
I got the Kenny Brown subframes, matrix brace and jacking rails and the car is very firm now. I alos have the Kenny Brown rear shock tower brace and it does not eat up that much trunk space. In fact it gives it an area to hold stuff so it don't slide all over the place.

I love the jack rails, make is much easier to jack off my car... :p

I bet you do that too! You are a P I G Pig.
Signed Lordy Boy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info