• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Help with coil over install

jfranci3

Regular
May 13, 2005
This isn't too bad of an install. There are only 2 tough parts - 1) Drilling out the 4th CC plate hole and 2) assembling the coil over parts in the right order.

The drilling is tough because, well it's metal. Get a set of strong bits and a good drill (rent one from Home Depot if you don't have a big one). Start by drilling with small bits and work your way up. Make the 4th hole larger than it needs to be in width and length.

If you like your ride height higher like myself, I recommend you get a set of these so your springs don't have to reseat themselves every time you jack up the car.
http://www.colemanracing.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=49_1207 (2.5" size)

On the assembly, there are a number of small spacers you need to put on the top. Do some research to see where your's need to be set.

I don't think it matters that your car is an 03/04 Cobra unless you are putting on the rears, then it still probably doesn't matter. Any drag race shop/corner mechanic/driveway mechanic can do this. All you really need is basic hand tools, some sockets in the 20+ (21mm?) size range for the strut, two 15mm for the swaybar and cc plates, an impact wrench is helpful, and patience.

When you do your alignment, make sure you have your ride height set. If you go too low, you'll need a bumpsteer kit- So don't go too low. Have your camber plates orientated in the 'more camber' way. Have the alignment guy set your caster all the way positive. I like to have the alignment guy set the camber as 'least negitive' (all the way out on the plate)as it will go with the 'more camber' plate orientation and medium toe-in for the street. Then when I go to the track, I can set the camber all the way in (more negitive) and the toe will be towed out (more than i want, but still workable).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info