• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Gear Change

01SVT19

TCG Elite Member
Apr 23, 2006
Hey Guys Im looking forward to my next mod. I want to get a gear for my 01 Cobra but, havent decided on what size? Many people told me to get a 4.10. What are some good sites to buy gears off of and how much would a shop charge to install since I woulndt have the time nor the knowledge of doing it. Any info would be great thanks again!

TaintedSnake01

Tainted Racing
Aug 14, 2005
any site will offer the gears for around the same price. i would stop and pick up a Muscle Mustang & Fast Ford magazine and look at the vendors on there. then go from there. as for a shop, check out our site vendors first. they usually give us a break. Rush Racing is who does/will be doing my work. but speed inc. and sutton both also do great work.

4.10 is the way to go for shure. I love my 4.10 :headbang:

rlbforum

Apr 8, 2006
Ditto on where to get gears or have them installed from TaintedSnake01. Call around to the local shops and get quotes. Some guys will give you a deal on the gears/install kit if you have them install them.

As for what I was told, FRPP gears tend to wine less then Motive gears, but I can't say for first hand. My installer told me to get the FRPP ones.

Size wise. I did 4.10 on my 99 cobra and it really woke up the car. By far the best mod. I drove the car on highway a lot and it was not too bad. Felt it was the best choice for everyday driving. Depends on what you want to do with your car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info