• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

TOB / Clutch adjustment / Flywheel question

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Hey guys, my TOB has been chirping like a MOFO. Thing is, once the car is warmed up (5-10 mins), the noise is basically non-existent, the noise occurs when my foot is not on the clutch pedal at all, like when sitting at a stop light waiting for a light, or when cruising at a slow steady speed. If I'm a t a light and I slightly press the clutch down like 1 inch, the noise goes away. I have the pedal set up so the clutch engages/disengaes very high up in the pedal travel. Is this excessive adjustment causing the TOB to touch the PP fingers and spin all the time?? Is this bad for the clutch/TOB??

I have a DFX, with an adjuster, and LDC freeplay kit. If I have the pedal set to engage/disengage too high on the pedal, can this be detrimental to the TOB?? I like to just be able to tap the clutch, but if its bad I will change it. Do I need to set it so it engages closer to the floor???

The reason I ask is because I'm putting in a steel flywheel and just trying to figure out what I should replace while I'm in there....

Thanks
Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• JA$ON
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list