• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Couple questions

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
03CobraBoy said:
1. Will I need a diff belt and if so what size?
NOW= BF 2.76 Upper / Stock Lower + 4 BF Idlers
GOING TO = BF 2.93 Upper / 4# Metco Lower + 4 BF Idlers

2. What Clutch Cable adjuster would you recommend? Double, Triple, or whatever. Need to know what company to go with.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Billetflow makes a nice Firewall adjuster.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
03CobraBoy said:
1. Will I need a diff belt and if so what size?
NOW= BF 2.76 Upper / Stock Lower + 4 BF Idlers
GOING TO = BF 2.93 Upper / 4# Metco Lower + 4 BF Idlers

2. What Clutch Cable adjuster would you recommend? Double, Triple, or whatever. Need to know what company to go with.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Yes you'll need a new belt, but I have no idea what size.:dunno:

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Wiked03 said:
This may have the info for the belt size:
http://www.stangshiftergaskets.com/BeltSelectionGuide.htm

Didn't know Billetflow made a firewall adjuster, but if Doug makes it it HAS to rock. I have the Fiore and it is nice too.

For a quad I would use either a Steeda Quick Release or a UPR triple hook.

Use the sotck cable! Aftermarket cables are shitty.

Dougs Quote from SVTP:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3139018&postcount=32

All fire wall adjusters will look very much alike. The difference is how the are kept in adjustment..

One company uses setscrews and another uses a lock-nut, both of which have been reported to me many times that they come loose and lose their adjustment. For this reason I designed my own firewall adjuster with a different locking mechanism.

Now onto the Fiore:

GREAT DESIGN... but The BilletFlow one comes in Red, Blue, Black and Silver and we are using a TOTALLY different locking mechanism, where as you can make small adjustments ( every36 deg. instead of 90 deg. with the Fiore)

Now... I'm not saying that ours is better then the Fiore, only that we are offering another option that is in some aspects just as good and in some, better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info