• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Hid

Whitey04

Regular
Apr 2, 2006
I'm lookng into then and for 350-400 dollars they should be worth it. Now I was told that 6000k is a good light and 10000k was like driving around with your high beams on all the time. Also 6000k has a blueish tint and 8000k is pure white and 10000k has a purple tint. That is from what I'm told. I bought the 30 dollar alternative from mustang tuning, there just the replacment bulbs with a white/ blueish tint.

BlownVenom01

Addict
Mar 19, 2006
I have a 10000k kit that i got for 200 dollars that i love. I have a buddy with an 8000k kit that he got for 190 bucks. Next to eachother you cant tell the least bit difference. from about a quarter mile or half mile away mine have a little bit bluer tint but theres no purple and its not any brighter. For some reason when people hear 10000k they think itll be straight purple but mine a re barely blue. For the money we spent, we can't imagine having cobras without them, its one of the best visual upgrades you can get, even for 300 dollars, id suggest it to everyone. As far as the color goes, either 8000k or 10000k is fine and you wont be able to tell much difference. Just keep in mind that if your lenses are the least bit dirty, either clean them or get new ones cause the hids bring out every bit of fog.

BlownVenom01

Addict
Mar 19, 2006
And they're hella easy to install. Mine came with clips so it draws power from the old headlight socket and plugs right into the housing with these directions.

Remove stock bulbs
Plug ballasts into stock harness
Plug bulbs into ballast
Mount ballasts
Insert bulbs into stock bulb housing
Leave on for 10 minutes to burn and enjoy blinding everyone!

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
Hids are the next best thing for cobra since the ring and pinion gear lol. I`m the buddy yournamehear is talkin about and the output is fantastic! Highly recommend.

hid2.jpg

hidpic4.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info