• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Any steel flywheel guys out there? Thinkin about it.....

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Just looking to open the ol aluminum / steel flywheel debate here for the local Cobra guys. Seems like many off the fastest guys @ the track are using steel flywheels. I think my drivetrain can handle it, and some guys are reporting pretty significant gains in their 60's.....I think I may try one :dunno: Need to get some bottom 1.5 60's ,throw on the 2lb lower, and get this thing in the 10's.

Eaton 60' = 1.4x possible????

Please discuss amonst yourselves :D

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
I went with a steel flywheel, but I don't really have any solid track results yet. I did manage to get some new best 60' times (1.68x) with it slipping like crazy before the clutch went bye bye.... Looking forward to seeing some better 60s with the DFX disk, but now I gotta start all over learning to launch. LOL

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Wiked03 said:
I went with a steel flywheel, but I don't really have any solid track results yet. I did manage to get some new best 60' times (1.68x) with it slipping like crazy before the clutch went bye bye.... Looking forward to seeing some better 60s with the DFX disk, but now I gotta start all over learning to launch. LOL

You may need to start thinking about an ET Street or some sort of tire with some sidewall, its gonna be pretty hard for you to leave the line with any kind of RPM on your 17's pretty soon

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Well I ordered a Ford Billet Steel SFI approved flywheel today from Summit, $220....what the hell. It'll be nice to leave the line at a bit lower RPM and have it hit harder....unless I just go for broke and still leave at 6K+ RPM :eek: I should be able to hit my shifts a bit easier now. 2lb lower is going on soon also, not so sure my little 26" ET Streets are gonna hold much more.....maybe time for some 28" HOOSIERS :clap: goin for 1.4x 60's and 10.9x ET's :headbang:

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
firstsvt said:
You may need to start thinking about an ET Street or some sort of tire with some sidewall, its gonna be pretty hard for you to leave the line with any kind of RPM on your 17's pretty soon

Yeah my DRs are starting get a lil bald so I will need to make a decision soon.

Was thinking about some cheap 16x10s and some ET Streets. :D

Dunno if my IRS will like that though.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Wiked03 said:
Yeah my DRs are starting get a lil bald so I will need to make a decision soon.

Was thinking about some cheap 16x10s and some ET Streets. :D

Dunno if my IRS will like that though.

I'm a pretty firm believer that the IRS likes a little bit of sidewall, even if you're hooking hard, that sidewall will take some of the grunt. You should check out some of those black Diamond Racing wheels, they're like $125-150 apiece

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
firstsvt said:
I'm a pretty firm believer that the IRS likes a little bit of sidewall, even if you're hooking hard, that sidewall will take some of the grunt. You should check out some of those black Diamond Racing wheels, they're like $125-150 apiece

Those are exactly what I had in mind. :D

The IRS better fuggin deal with it, cause my mod fund won't support a solid swap anytime soon. :rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info