• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

10.5 rim w/ 315 rubbing?

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
If you're lowered, and you have a Nitto drag radial, you can get away with out either; that is unless you go airborn. If you are using a BFG, you can forget it. Your best bet is shaving the IRS bolt or using a spacer no bigger than 3/8. Anything bigger and you're gonna have to roll your fenders...unless you stay at stock ride height.....a lot of "what if's", huh? :D

-Mike

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
SonicBlur said:
If you're lowered, and you have a Nitto drag radial, you can get away with out either; that is unless you go airborn. If you are using a BFG, you can forget it. Your best bet is shaving the IRS bolt or using a spacer no bigger than 3/8. Anything bigger and you're gonna have to roll your fenders...unless you stay at stock ride height.....a lot of "what if's", huh? :D

-Mike

damn mike that sounds like a lot of bullshit...well im not lowered for now but i will be sone :headbang: this irs shaving bolt thing doesn't sound too cool but whatever to get tho motherfoos on i guess....well they rub with no lowering?!?!??! errr but i will being running nittos always

shelbyfan

Apr 12, 2006
10.5 inch rims with 315's

RD SNAKE said:
if i got a 10.5 rim with a 315/35-17..im pretty sure it will rub on that damn irs bolt...whats the correcting to fix this....shave the bolt or wheel spacers....whats the deal???

I just put them on my 04 Cobra and had to go through quite a learning curve. Yes, the 10.5 rims will hit the IRS bolt AND frame. To solve this, I had to put 1/2" wheel spacers in with longer wheel studs. Here are the details--

Wheel Spacers-

Maximum Motorsports Model MM WS-4 1/2" Spacers purchased from Livermore Performance (925-292-5522). Total cost for 2 spacers with shipping was $81.40.

Longer Wheel Studs-

2 1/2" ARP Studs with Speed Starter Tip from Steeda (954-960-0774). Steeda Item No. 014 7703. Total cost for 10 studs was $70.70.

Once I went through all of the crap of replacing the stock studs and got the wheels on, they look awesome. Well worth the hassle.

Hope this helps.

Keith :gears:

shelbyfan

Apr 12, 2006
10.5 inch rims with 315's

RD SNAKE said:
if i got a 10.5 rim with a 315/35-17..im pretty sure it will rub on that damn irs bolt...whats the correcting to fix this....shave the bolt or wheel spacers....whats the deal???

I forgot to mention--

I lowered my 04 Cobra with H & R Racing Springs. They brought the whole car down about 1 3/4". I don't have a fender rub problem that I can see- even on hard cornering and acceleration. Then again, there isn't much roll to the car with the stock sway bars.

Keith

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info