• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Exhuast and Intake Suggestions!

01SVT19

TCG Elite Member
Apr 23, 2006
Hey guys your friendly nub here. Wondering what you guys think or for the ones who own a 01 Cobra what good exhuast and intake combination would be. I talking about a full exhuast including new headers as well? Any suggestions would help or soundclips if you guys have any thanks. Also how much HP will I expect, and will I feel a difference you think? Sorry for the dumb questions lol.

01SVT19 said:
Hey guys your friendly nub here. Wondering what you guys think or for the ones who own a 01 Cobra what good exhuast and intake combination would be. I talking about a full exhuast including new headers as well? Any suggestions would help or soundclips if you guys have any thanks. Also how much HP will I expect, and will I feel a difference you think? Sorry for the dumb questions lol.

Your Intake has been in the 8.60's with modifications.......Mac makes some entry level exhaust for your car.....depends on your bugget on higher dollar exhaust systems....Give me a call and I can put together an exhaust system for you...

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
01SVT19 said:
my 1999 had a prochamber off road h-pipe and bassani catback,
with a k&n CAI I think it sounded great, kept the exhaust system and put it on the 2004 Cobra :headbang:

Check the For Sale section on the board and see if you find something :dunno:

Cobra_DJ99

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2004
TaintedSnake01 said:
My 99 has the JLT RAI with K&N 9" filter. For exhaust it has Bassanni Catted X with Bassanni X pipe. Sounds mean. not lout and obnoxious but very mellow and loud! Im very happy with my intake/exhaust setup and i might do bassanni mid length headers in the future.

damn i dident know we had 2 midpipes lol i might have to look into changing the second 1 :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Maximus67

May 3, 2004
I had a Bassani X w/cats and a Magnaflow cat-back right after I bought my car. I actually thought it was too quiet. I went with the Mac Prochamber and Mac cat-back, and absolutely love it. Some will tell you Mac's quality isn't very good. I've had no problems. If you do headers, most people I know do long-tubes. Lately, it sounds like Kooks have been having problems. CAIs are all pretty similar ... the ones people have mentioned below are all good. Good luck! :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info