• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

$4 a gallon by year end

Dewalt03cobra

Dewalt03Cobra
Dec 3, 2004
Well with record profits and a Greedy Moron president it doesn't look like we'll get any help from our government. The cost of fuel directly effects the economy. Every product you buy is delivered from somewhere and companies don't swallow those costs they pass them on. I can't believe Americans are this stupid to elect this Idiot twice. I imagine this might be a reason I've seen so many Almost New Cobras up for sale lately.

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
Dewalt03cobra said:
Well with record profits and a Greedy Moron president it doesn't look like we'll get any help from our government. The cost of fuel directly effects the economy. Every product you buy is delivered from somewhere and companies don't swallow those costs they pass them on. I can't believe Americans are this stupid to elect this Idiot twice. I imagine this might be a reason I've seen so many Almost New Cobras up for sale lately.

George W. is no moron or idiot, the fact that he got elected 2x proves that. the high end car market has had no adverse affect from rising gas prices. they were this high last year and everyone bitched the same way. a guy spending 40k on a "secondary" car gives 2 shits if gas goes to 5 a gallon, im no millionaire, but i give a shit less how much gas cost. it will eventually come down again. isint ig great to live in a country where you can freely spew the shit we spew without getting imprisioned or shot and killed??!!...God Bless America!! and free enterprise!

fireball168

Regular
Sep 17, 2005
SLASH said:
George W. is no moron or idiot, the fact that he got elected 2x proves that. the high end car market has had no adverse affect from rising gas prices. they were this high last year and everyone bitched the same way. a guy spending 40k on a "secondary" car gives 2 shits if gas goes to 5 a gallon, im no millionaire, but i give a shit less how much gas cost. it will eventually come down again. isint ig great to live in a country where you can freely spew the shit we spew without getting imprisioned or shot and killed??!!...God Bless America!! and free enterprise!

Preach on! :headbang:

Doug02GT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
May 22, 2004
If Iran cuts their oil supply to us, $4.00 a gallon will be cheap.

So the questions is to all the Bush haters, how are you going to blame this one on him? It is a free market, doesn't anyone get this. Supply is low because demand is high. American drive huge inefficient vehicles that swallow so much fuel.

How many on this website have cars that put down over 400 hp to the wheels? Like your car does not drink up the fuel.

Like Slash was hinting at, if you wanted an efficient car, you wouldn't have bought your V-8.

Doug02GT

May 22, 2004
Dewalt03cobra said:
Yes it is great to live in a free country and voice our opinions and vote for the people you want too. And I can say yes I did my part and voted, my guy just lost. So I'll just ride out the storm till the next chance to change it comes around.

Like Gore or Kerry would have been any better. All of these guys are a bunch of crooks. The only difference is it your type of crook or not.

Doug02GT

May 22, 2004
Amen Slash, Amen!

And I liked that the firearm manufacturer protection act was passed and signed by Bush. Now the liberal punk asses cannot sue the manufacturers out of existance and we can protect ourselves.I guess I just like the Bill of Rights and my right to protect my family.

And my right to drive a mustang that gets only about 17 mpg when I am halling ass! :headbang:

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
Don't you guy think it's kinda funny that we're paying incredible prices for gas and last year Big Oil reported the BIGGEST profit the company has EVER had?? I mean, you'd have to be stupid not to realize that they are raising gas prices and making PROFIT for their pockets....every year they raise it more and more. The problem is that NO ONE stands up to them because you can't match their political pull and money.

Also, isn't the Bush family in the oil business? I think I'm gonna move to Europe or something. This country is going to hell in a handbasket and we're all going along for the ride.

-Mike

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
SonicBlur said:
Don't you guy think it's kinda funny that we're paying incredible prices for gas and last year Big Oil reported the BIGGEST profit the company has EVER had?? I mean, you'd have to be stupid not to realize that they are raising gas prices and making PROFIT for their pockets....every year they raise it more and more. The problem is that NO ONE stands up to them because you can't match their political pull and money.

Also, isn't the Bush family in the oil business? I think I'm gonna move to Europe or something. This country is going to hell in a handbasket and we're all going along for the ride.

-Mike

BYE...DONT LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE ASS...

Doug02GT

May 22, 2004
SonicBlur said:

-Mike

It is okay to make an obscene amount of profit. As long as the oil companies are not settting the prices illegally, it is fair game. This is America, where raising prices legally is okay. Profit is not a bad word.

This is exactly what we need to make Americans demand that there are other choices in energy like the E85. If everyone used E85, the demand for oil for car fuel would come down 75%.

O

oohsoobad2

My biggest problem with oil prices is it is unregulated. The electric companies and the water companies are regulated, we have to have thier products to live a modern life. The government sees to it that they dont make prices so high that people cant afford it. The same thing needs to be done with the oil companys until we can come up with a reasonable alternative.

Yes it is a free enterprise economy, but soon the oil companys will be the only ones turning profits in this country. People will barely be able to afford to eat.

BTW oil profits were down last quarter they only profited 8 BILLION DOLLARS !!!

I like E85 but the MPG isnt there right now. If it was 1.50 a gallon I could handle getting 25% less MPG.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info