• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

35 dry shot pre maf, tune or no?

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
SLASH said:
ok here goes, got the nitrous, i now have 21 lbs boost with the k/b. im running a pre maf dry 35 shot, i have a VERY conservative tune. would you all reccomend a retune for that? or will the maf compensate for a 35 shot? i have boost a pump and 60# injectors.

The MAF is supposed to compensate for a dry shot.

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
SLASH said:
ok here goes, got the nitrous, i now have 21 lbs boost with the k/b. im running a pre maf dry 35 shot, i have a VERY conservative tune. would you all reccomend a retune for that? or will the maf compensate for a 35 shot? i have boost a pump and 60# injectors.

what maf do you have? maf counts in the log?

B

Boost12

I would not even worrie about getting a tune. The whole point of a " PRE" MAF shot is for the MAF to read the N20 and it will correct itself for the amount of fuel you will need. I use to spray a PRE maf shot last year and I started off with a 35 and worked my way up and the car never skipped a beat at all when I was spraying it. I would always run good gas just to be safe while spraying though. I sprayed all the way up to an 80 shot of Dry last year with no tune pre maf and the car ran perfect :biggthump It also trapped at 124 mph on stock suspension and a wore out drag radial with the spray. So in my opinion I would say with a 35 shot pre maf you should not need a tune. And I have seen guys gain anywhere from 40-80whp from a 35 shot of dry. But for the record I would not recomend shooting anything more than a 50 shot pre MAF. From what I have read tuners say its very hard to tune a pre maf setup while spraying anything more than a 50 shot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info