• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Brake Upgrade Suggestions

B

BlaqSnake

I'm going to be replacing the pads and rotors on my '97 Cobra soon, and wondering if anyone had any good suggestions. I am not planning on changing the size of the rotors or the calipers. I am looking for good street and light road course / drag strip duty.

Anyone have any suggestions?

What's the opinion on cross drilled vs. slotted rotors?

Thanks

tgentry

Life begins at 500hp
Jun 27, 2005
A great all around street performance pad is the Performance Friction Z Rated. You can get them from Autozone with a lifetime replacement warranty which I have personally used.

These pads my street and autocross pads and used to be my open track pads as well.

Do NOT get drilled rotors, they crack. Plain is just fine, and you can get the real Brembos from Tire Rack for about $62 each. If you need the bling go with slotted but they will increase pad wear without improving performance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list