• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

**** Help Please ****

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
I had my car tuned today by Herman, and it's running awesome through the first three gears, but in fourth gear at high RPMs it seams to bog down and hit a brick wall. I know its not the tune, because it has done this before, but now I'm beating on it alot more and it's rearing it's ugly head. I think its the clutch, but I want the Chicago SVT input. I had a Spec3i installed on the car about 6k hard driven miles ago.

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
I dont know why itd be the clutch, if it were it would do it in all the other gears also I think. Maybe something fuel related but that also woudl do it in all the other gears. Im guessing something with the computer/tune. Im not sure though, I havent had anything close to that sorry if this didnt help Andy.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
cobravenom39 said:
Maybe, but why in fourth?? I rarely ever use that gear, and rarely hard shift into it. I still think its the clutch, but have no way of having anyone find out, especially since you have to be at the track to really see it occur.

If you think it's the clutch then try this. While driving in 4th or 5th gear at a lower RPM like 3500 punch the car and watch the tach. If the RPM's all of a sudden start climbing really fast but the car is not moving like it should then it is slipping. Get a hold of me this week and lets go for a ride. Maybe it will be easier to see with someone else in the car.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
If it turns out that the clutch is not the problem, then you have a fuel supply issue. The motor is consuming more fuel in fourth because of greater horsepower demands in the higher gears.

It may be something as simple as a dirty fuel filter or maybe a failing fuel pump. Maybe, if you have one, the BAP may need to be dialed up higher.

Anyway, there are several possibilities you can look at.

Dan

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Dana said:
If it turns out that the clutch is not the problem, then you have a fuel supply issue. The motor is consuming more fuel in fourth because of greater horsepower demands in the higher gears.

It may be something as simple as a dirty fuel filter or maybe a failing fuel pump. Maybe, if you have one, the BAP may need to be dialed up higher.

Anyway, there are several possibilities you can look at.

Dan

Thanks for the input guys. My fuel fitler was replaced 3500 miles ago as a preemptive safety measure, and the Bap is set at 40. I'll try turning it up all the way and see what happens. I'd figure Herman would have seen a failing pump, however.
***** Mike, we'll go for a ride this weekend.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
cobravenom39 said:
Thanks for the input guys. My fuel fitler was replaced 3500 miles ago as a preemptive safety measure, and the Bap is set at 40. I'll try turning it up all the way and see what happens. I'd figure Herman would have seen a failing pump, however.

I'd say call Hermann and have him check the data log.

My BAP is set at 35 so 40 may be too low for your set up. Since you were the last car, Hermann didn't have a chance to let you drive it for a day to look for issues so you may have to get the answers over the phone.

cobravenom39 said:

your BAP should be at 50

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info