• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Adjusting Stock Headlights.

219Cobra

Cobra Lover
Aug 30, 2005
NWI
The headlights on my L point straight down pretty much. I can't see anything at night on a dark road. It seems to me that the brights are were my regular headlights need to be. I bought the truck brand new in 04 and now decide to do something about it:chair:. Anyway to adjust them, or just take it to the dealership. I wonder if they will charge my ass for this? :rolleyes:

BoostinL03

Dec 15, 2005
Take it to the dealer and let them fix it, its a pain in the ass messing with the lights and trying to adjust them. I just took my into the dealer, my lights seemed a little low too and when I brought it in for my regular service, I just told my tech that my headlights seemed a little low and asked him to adjust them. They didnt charge me either and my headlight are now at the right angle.

Lightning Bob

Mar 2, 2004
Hank - F-150 Trucks are a little different...

Flyn high again said:
On the Cobras there's an Allen wrench/Phillips screw on top of the light housing. There's probably something like that on the Lightning. Turn one way they go up. Turn the other they go down.

Actually, there are three "star" adjusters mounted on pivots on the back of each headlight bucket. These clip into the L shaped bars which hold the buckets in th truck. Lift the two brackets up (simultaneously) about 1/2" and you can pull the headlight bucket out of the front of the truck
The bars look very similar as to those what hold the Cobra's buckets in place, but are tied into the headlight adjustment unlike the Cobra.
By turning the star adjusters you move the mounting point forward or back which then make thes buckets move left, right, up or down depending on which one you adjusted. It's easy ito see how they work if you remove a bucket. Getting the buckets back in sometimes takes a little longer than taking them out as all three of the adjusters must line up pretty close to their respective holes, and they pivot easily. Remember.. patience is a virtue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info