• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Still got VIBE? Get shafted.

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
I've been tolerating the 85+ mph vibe since day 1. I indexed the driveshaft and found a spot where it was pretty good but still there.

I finally got tired of it and got a new driveshaft built by this place in Michigan called DYNOTECH. It was only $360 and it rocks. My vibe is 100% gone. This is by far the smoothest my car has ever been. It was worth every penny.

Good looking piece, too. Also is lighter than the stocker.

http://www.dynotechengineering.com/

I dealt with a guy there named John- cool cat, great customer service, too.

Attachments

• shaft.jpg
    shaft.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 22

GRNENVY

Apr 25, 2004
Hmm

Looks great but did you try and get your factory shaft rebalanced first. I think you would of had the same results.

Wharf Rat said:
I've been tolerating the 85+ mph vibe since day 1. I indexed the driveshaft and found a spot where it was pretty good but still there.

I finally got tired of it and got a new driveshaft built by this place in Michigan called DYNOTECH. It was only $360 and it rocks. My vibe is 100% gone. This is by far the smoothest my car has ever been. It was worth every penny.

Good looking piece, too. Also is lighter than the stocker.

http://www.dynotechengineering.com/

I dealt with a guy there named John- cool cat, great customer service, too.

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
I did take the stocker in to get balanced at this place in Peoria. They said it was fine- waste of $40. I know it was off from trying to index it. There were a few spots that were horrible.

Not sure about the power level. I told 'em I wanted it to hold at least 600 RWHP (for when I get a Whipple ;) ). He said that would be no problem. It lived through 6 runs at Byron on Saturday (a few 1.7x 60 fts). :dunno:

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
cdh027 said:
Was it a pain in the ass to re-index the new shaft or no ???

I didn't have to index the new shaft. It is smooth as silk. The stocker I have had at all 8 positions. I found some spots that were aweful and some that weren't.

It's not difficult but it is sort of a pain in the ass. It's only 4 bolts but there's alot of crawling around involved (especially if you are by yourself). All you are doing is loosening those 4 bolts and turning the DS to the next position.
You need a 12 sided 12mm socket and I highly recommend a 12mm gear wrench. A helper to work the e-brake would be nice, too.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Wharf Rat said:
I didn't have to index the new shaft. It is smooth as silk. The stocker I have had at all 8 positions. I found some spots that were aweful and some that weren't.

It's not difficult but it is sort of a pain in the ass. It's only 4 bolts but there's alot of crawling around involved (especially if you are by yourself). All you are doing is loosening those 4 bolts and turning the DS to the next position.
You need a 12 sided 12mm socket and I highly recommend a 12mm gear wrench. A helper to work the e-brake would be nice, too.

So you just threw the new DS in any random position and it was golden ???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info