• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

clutches

Cobra_DJ99

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2004
ok my clutch is pretty much on its last legs. lately ive noticed the gears were a little harder to engage. i talked to jeff over at rush racing. he asked if i was on a stock clutch and i said yes and its got 55k miles on it. he said its probably a warped pressure plate. so now im considering getting one of 3 clutches. either a spec stage 2 a spec stage 3 and a centerforce dfx. what do you guys think would be the best way to go. which clutch feels better? and also ive seen kits that dont come with a tob. how do you know if your tob is bad? i know im a noob, but thats why im here is for help :) any input would greatly help. thanks for listening

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
i know on some of my buddies cars u can hear the throwout bearing when they engage the clutch while just sitting still
u will hear it like almost hissing from outside the car
have a friend stand outside u car and press in the clutch while car is on obviously and see if u can hear a noise the clutch pedal is on the floor

mustangmike2003

Regular
Nov 24, 2005
Dont use the TOB that comes with the spec clutch. Its a peice of shit. I would get the centerforce DFX because I have heard nothing bad about them. I run the spec 2 and its fine but I have heard lots of problems. Make sure you replace the pilot bearing while your in there. My next set up will be the fidanza FW and DFX.

tgentry

Life begins at 500hp
Jun 27, 2005
I have no personal experience with Spec clutches but know people who have had problems with them.

I had a CF Dual Friction, but it literally came apart on me at GingerMan.

I'm currently running an '04 Cobra clutch and flywheel. It holds my Vorteched '96 just fine.

Shane97Cobra

Addict
Apr 27, 2005
tgentry said:
I have no personal experience with Spec clutches but know people who have had problems with them.

I had a CF Dual Friction, but it literally came apart on me at GingerMan.

I'm currently running an '04 Cobra clutch and flywheel. It holds my Vorteched '96 just fine.

I have only heard bad things about he CF DF. SO another NO vote there.

I have used several SPECs in my car and had GREAT luck. And I am not kind on them. The current one help a year of 6700 RPM slick launches with a blower running low 11s and high 10s and is now in the car with no blower and still taking the same launches. It is a stage III. It is agressive and chatters pretty good on the street. So not for the person looking for stock feel.

The DFX seems to be getting very popular.

I would recommend anything off of McLeods line too. They work well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info