• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

RPM Outlet sent me the wrong Pulley

Dewalt03cobra

Dewalt03Cobra
Dec 3, 2004
Well about two years ago I ordered one of those package deals from RPM Outlet and the pulley I ordered was a 2.80. When I got the order the packing slip said they sent a 2.93. I promtly called and they said to send it back (AT MY EXPENCE) and they would exchange it. Six days later I got the box back marked "Package Refused", didn't make sense, the RMA number was written on four sides, Why refuse it. :dunno: I again called, and they said they had determined I had to have the correct pulley because the were out of stock of 2.93's at the time they filled my order. So I took there word for it and put it on, and it never made more than 12.5 lbs. of boost. I even checked it with an aftermarket boost gauge.

Well here we are today, I just finished installing my new Billet Flow 2.76 SC pulley, and 4 Pulley Idler set. But before doing so I measured the pulleys where the belt tracks. Guess what!! The so called 2.80 from RPM Outlet is .165 larger than My New 2.76. Them Idiots sent me a 2.93, and wouldn't fix the problem. I waisted $10 in return shipping and still got screwed. RPM OUTLET IS A RIP OFF, AND BUNCH OF MORONS. :nono:

I wish I would have got the Billet Flow sooner. I went out to play, and I'm now making just over 14 lbs. of boost and it looks AWESOME. And Go figure, the aux. Idler pulley actually lines up perfect with the SC pulley and the other Idlers. The RPM Outlet aux. Idler run the belt right at the front of the pulley, leaving about a 1/4" of unused pulley in the back. :lmao:

Billet Flows got my Business from now on!!!!!!! :headbang:

cobraj

TCG Elite Member
Feb 7, 2005
Dewalt03cobra said:
Well about two years ago I ordered one of those package deals from RPM Outlet and the pulley I ordered was a 2.80. When I got the order the packing slip said they sent a 2.93. I promtly called and they said to send it back (AT MY EXPENCE) and they would exchange it. Six days later I got the box back marked "Package Refused", didn't make sense, the RMA number was written on four sides, Why refuse it. :dunno: I again called, and they said they had determined I had to have the correct pulley because the were out of stock of 2.93's at the time they filled my order. So I took there word for it and put it on, and it never made more than 12.5 lbs. of boost. I even checked it with an aftermarket boost gauge.

Well here we are today, I just finished installing my new Billet Flow 2.76 SC pulley, and 4 Pulley Idler set. But before doing so I measured the pulleys where the belt tracks. Guess what!! The so called 2.80 from RPM Outlet is .165 larger than My New 2.76. Them Idiots sent me a 2.93, and wouldn't fix the problem. I waisted $10 in return shipping and still got screwed. RPM OUTLET IS A RIP OFF, AND BUNCH OF MORONS. :nono:

I wish I would have got the Billet Flow sooner. I went out to play, and I'm now making just over 14 lbs. of boost and it looks AWESOME. And Go figure, the aux. Idler pulley actually lines up perfect with the SC pulley and the other Idlers. The RPM Outlet aux. Idler run the belt right at the front of the pulley, leaving about a 1/4" of unused pulley in the back. :lmao:

Billet Flows got my Business from now on!!!!!!! :headbang:

Mike your alive.

Dewalt03cobra

Dewalt03Cobra
Dec 3, 2004
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they can't get an order correct. Obviously they get probably a good portion of there orders correct otherwise they wouldn't be in business. What I'm Pissed about is when I needed them to correct my order they waisted my time, waisted more of my money, and returned the exact same incorrect product then fed me a line of BULL.

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
This is a GREAT example of why I treat my customers at HFC with not just fantastic service before the loan close but also after it.

I am not sure if these large businesses care or if they even know that post sale support is just as important as pre sale support.

If you get ripped off or not taken care of when theres a problem then you will most likely never see that customer again. AND even worse they are going to tell their friends. Or post it on the internet.

I am willing to bet that if they sent you the right part back you would be pretty satisfied and may even tell others that they made the problem right.

What also pisses me off is that they are pretty big outfit. Which means they could easily take care of their customer issues. However whats even worse is if they could, and choose to not, well thats an even bigger problem.

I got an Accufab Big Mouth Throttle Body and love it. Thats my only experience. But regardless I think they should have taken care of you guys.

Matt

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info