• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Spark Plug Gap discussion with BR7EF/EFS

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
So today I found out BR7EF and BR7EFS are different. I thought BR7EFS was plural. SO anyway, I have BR7EF installed in the cobra, waiting for the Hermann to tune next weekend.

Currently they are gapped at .028 and at full boost it's around 16-17 PSI with a ported eaton.

The rough idle was mostly gone when I ran the car in 70F degree weather. When I was having the rough idle up and down, it was around 45F outside.

So .028 gap on the BR7EF ........ OPINIONS! We can always change the gap at the tuning session I guess.

MIke

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
ChicagoMike said:
So today I found out BR7EF and BR7EFS are different. I thought BR7EFS was plural. SO anyway, I have BR7EF installed in the cobra, waiting for the Hermann to tune next weekend.

Currently they are gapped at .028 and at full boost it's around 16-17 PSI with a ported eaton.

The rough idle was mostly gone when I ran the car in 70F degree weather. When I was having the rough idle up and down, it was around 45F outside.

So .028 gap on the BR7EF ........ OPINIONS! We can always change the gap at the tuning session I guess.

MIke

I use the BR7-EFS's (NOT the ones you're currently using) and have them gapped at .028 on my Whipple.

You could probably use .030 for gap size with your combo, but I don't know how the plugs you're using affect all this since they're not the same as mine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info