• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

The saga of plugs/stutter/lean condition unfolds...

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
Well, I finally got my car over to a dyno today to have the A/F checked out. I called Sound Performance in Bloomingdale and they said to just bring the car by and they'd strap her down to the dyno. The car was running a little lean, but nothing TOO bad. I mean, I tipped 12.4 a couple times, and the a/f curve was a bit irratic. Jerry from Sound Performance saw that I was using a Predator and went ahead and made a couple adjustments. All in all he ended up adding 5% fuel to 4k+ rpms, and 2% fuel to the lower rpms. He also retarded the spark by 2% I believe (not positive about which way he went on this one though....). After the final dyno, I'll probably go in and take out 1% fuel out of the lower rpms as the a/f was a tad rich (avg about 11.4 in the lower) Anyhow, at the end of the day I ended up (after about 5-6 pulls...) with 437rwhp/472rwtq. The HP seems a little low, but this was also on a Mustang Dyno, so the actual number might be a little higher. Also, they stopped the pull around 6200rpms I think, so it may have gone a little higher if they went to redline.

Here's a pic of the final dyno curve:

Here's a pic of the first and last dyno curve...ignore the initial torque curve as they didn't calibrate the dyno correctly for the first run...

Anyhow, I got confirmation that the tune wasn't "horrible" by any means, and now I'm certain that the tune is again good to go... I'll also throw a props out to Sound Performance for getting me in and taking a little extra time to clean up my a/f curve a little bit... :biggthump

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
blubyu said:
How's it running at idle?

Well, at idle it's running alright, and I don't really hear much of a stutter or anything. Between about 900 - 2000 though I'm hearing/feeling it being choppy. At least I know the tune is alright now though... what else could it be???? :confused:

Do I try stock plugs again? I tried to throw them in before, but they didn't seem to want to thread in after I had the TR6's in there... :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• DSG03COBRA
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list