• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Snakebite!: Ford Recalling 19,000 Mustang Cobras

bobolink

Feb 10, 2006
Snakebite!: Ford Recalling 19,000 Mustang Cobras
READ MORE: 2003, 2004, News, Recalls, cobra, mustang, svt

mustang_cobra_recall.jpg

No comment from Ford officials yet, but the Freepers are reporting 19,140 Ford SVT Cobras (and no, guys, that’s not quite “nearly 20,000”) are being recalled to fix a reported carpeting malfunction. Don’t laugh, it’s all about accelerator pedals getting stuck and causing havoc on the nation’s highways. The antidote to the Cobra’s sting? A bracket must be installed over the cutout in the carpet behind the pedal to keep the go-button from getting caught in the “stun” position.

Ford recalling nearly 20,000 Mustang Cobra vehicles [Detroit Free Press]

03mineralg

hj16 said:
or...... you can just get some two sided tape and tape it down without letting some guy into your car.

I cant believe that there are enough stupid people out there to need a recall on this.
My thoughts exactly. I cant believe the hassel some people will go through rather than just fix it yourself. The only way my car will go to a dealer is for something i cant fix.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
hj16 said:
or...... you can just get some two sided tape and tape it down without letting some guy into your car.

I cant believe that there are enough stupid people out there to need a recall on this.

Thank You.

This is one of the More Stupid Recalls I've Ever Heard of. I'm an old time Beater Builder from the days of Carbs and Cheap Return springs. You just Knew to shut off the ignition at the first sign of "It's Not Slowing Down - Again..."

Stuck Gas pedal was a Stock Excuse to the Officer. Seemed Almost Everyone had it happen to them IIRC. No Big Deal.

Recall. PFFFTT. Admit to My ~700 V8 SHO Camfailures and Recall THEM if you want to do some Good, Ford.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
02RedL said:
These jackoffs will do a recall for piddly shit, but wont do one for somethin like, HEADS TICKIN!

Ford is recalling the Cobras for the carpet problem because the NHTSB [NTHSB?] is forcing them to because of the safety issue. The Gov't doesn't care if our heads break.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info