• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

8.8 Solid Rear

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
Yup- 8.8, Eaton posi, strange 31 spline axles (which I bent but they replaced), GT brake brackets, cast bearing loading cover, ABS rings, FRPP 3.73s. Showed up on my doorstep ready to bolt in for about $2200. Welded and painted, too

Jason (FIRSTSVT) has one, too. I think he's got 3.90s, 33 spline, and c-clip elims.

You could prolly save a few dimes if you do the legwork yourself but it is also nice to have it dumped off at your door ready to go.

Solids rock. You won't look back.

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
03'CobraVert-10th said:
Did you get the upper & lower control arms from them as well? What did you do for shocks and springs? And did you have the torque boxes welded up?

No they won't have the other stuff. If your pockets are deep enough and want good stuff call Maximun Motorsports. They have great stuff, excellent customer service, and they know their shit. Just call 'em up, tell 'em what you are going to do with the car and they will hook you up.

You will also need about $400 of stuff from Ford. Almost all of it is in Postban's blue pill on SVTP.

I welded the torque boxes myself. Wasn't pretty but it should hold.

The setup I went with is MM solid lowers, FRPP uppers, H&R race springs, and QA-1 shocks. The entire ordeal was north of 3 grand but I recovered not quite half of that buy selling my IRS, IRS brace, and catback.

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
Metco makes some pretty bad ass Upper and Lower Control Arms. They are not cheap but seem to be the best on the market.

Shoot a PM to SSChassis on here. His name is Nile and he did my swap. Saying he knows his shit is an absolute understatement.

He can poss get you a little discount on Strange stuff. I believe he posted that in the past.

Good Luck!! You will for sure be impressed.

Matt

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• 03'CobraVert-10th
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list