• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

People with the SCT X-Cal II...please read this and HELP!

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
As some of you may know, I am having some work done to my car. Some of which is a Mac Off-Road Prochamber. With this being an off-road pipe, my check engine light will come on after a while. I had ordered MIL Eliminators from Lethal Performance but now someone has misplaced the box and I spent $120 (got other things too) and everything is now lost. GONE. The box is missing.

Can I use someone else's SCT X-Call II to shut off the rear o2 sensors? Or do I need a a complete re-tune? Speed Inc. has the MIL Eliminators but they want $89.99/ea. that's nuts and I have heard they they do not always work so it's a crap shoot. Bottomline, is it possible to use someone's SCT since it's married to one car already?? If so, can I borrow someone's sometime this weekend??

-Mike

Last edited:

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
SonicBlur said:
As some of you may know, I am having some work done to my car. Some of which is a Mac Off-Road Prochamber. With this being an off-road pipe, my check engine light will come on after a while. I had ordered MIL Eliminators from Lethal Performance but now someone has misplaced the box and I spent $120 (got other things too) and everything is now lost. GONE. The box is missing.

Can I use someone else's SCT X-Call II to shut off the rear o2 sensors? Or do I need a a complete re-tune? Speed Inc. has the MIL Eliminators but they want $89.99/ea. that's nuts and I have heard they they do not always work so it's a crap shoot. Bottomline, is it possible to use someone's SCT since it's married to one car already?? If so, can I borrow someone's sometime this weekend??

-Mike

IF YOU CAN HELP ME, PLEASE CALL MY CELL: 630-675-4190!!!!

Do you have a flasher? If so call Sutton.... Jerry will still have your tunes and can turn off the rear 02s for you and email you the files... then just put it into the flasher and reflash the car and you should be good to go.

You won't be able to use anyone elses xcal to change it....

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
SonicBlur said:
I have the old style flasher...but I'd don't have any cable to download it from him...I'll give him a call and see what he says...thanks Carl!

-Mike

The Xcal2 takes a regular USB accessory cable FYI. It will be available in any computer store for about $8-$15 or so.

You will need another tune. They should turn the scalar off for your rear O2's so they dont throw a code. Very simple modification to the tune. If Jerry @ Sutton has your original .mtf (ADV 3.0) or .zcf (ADV 2.9) file then he might make the change for you for free being that it wouldn't take more than 5 minutes to do so.

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
An update.....well, I called Sutton Ford and they have good news for me. They said that with an SCT tune, the rear 02 sensors are normally turned off anyways...they checked my file and it stated that they turned the rear 02's off when I had them do my tune a while back so that's good. I also asked the guys at Street Stuff and they agreed and said that they do the same thing and that it is common practice to shut off the rear 02's with an SCT tune. I can finally sleep now, LOL:D Thanks to everyone for their help!

-Mike

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SonicBlur
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list