• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

LT headers or Bust!!!

BlownVenom01

Addict
Mar 19, 2006
So I'm thinkin of going with LT headers soon. I have some extra dough layin around paypal from ebay shit. Here's the thing though, i just bought a brand new mac off road x-pipe. So thats 200 bucks wasted, plus the money i need to throw down for a new xpipe and installation will lead me well into a grand, which im sure all you long tubers out there know. Well i guess the question is, which route should i go, get a cheaper used lt header and xpipe combo, or go full retail and get it done right. I have a shop near my house that'll do it AND throw in new kmembers for 400 labor. Is the whole LT deal worth it, or should i invest in a few cheaper things like a gear, fix the scratch on my door (damnit), etc. :eek:h:

Cobra_DJ99

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2004
all long tubes will do is make ur car run a little cooler, give you a better exhaust note, and not give you any power gains that you could feel. unless you want to go with any kind of forced induction lt headers are a waste. get yourself a 4:10 gear, billetflow irs brace, mm diff bushings, and a drag radial and you will be very happy :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

BlownVenom01

Addict
Mar 19, 2006
haha just one drag radial?? i always figured i'd at least get two for the back but a 305 on the right and a 245 on the left is ok haha :joke: Theres alot of gear sizes too, what would be appropriate for a semi-daily driver with 65k. If (and when) they do go i'll upgrade the internals, but I don't want them wearing out too fast.

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
Cobra_DJ99 said:
all long tubes will do is make ur car run a little cooler, give you a better exhaust note, and not give you any power gains that you could feel. unless you want to go with any kind of forced induction lt headers are a waste. get yourself a 4:10 gear, billetflow irs brace, mm diff bushings, and a drag radial and you will be very happy :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

i beg to differ about the headers not giving you power....have u see how restrictive and lame looking our stock headers are? i felt a nice difference when i got mine... all though i can agree that gears would be money well spent for a larger performance gain for the buck

mustangmike2003

Regular
Nov 24, 2005
Cobra_DJ99 said:
all long tubes will do is make ur car run a little cooler, give you a better exhaust note, and not give you any power gains that you could feel.

Not true at all, long tubes did a lot for my car and also helped it breathe better in the high RPM ranges. I would get a tune with the LT's though. Although I have a mach, its the same principles. If its on an 03/04 cobra, ive seen some impressive numbers go through stock manifolds but those are FI motors and not a NA 4v.

IMPORTSLAYER

Regular
Mar 10, 2006
If you are looking to get fast quick. 4.10 are your best path to fast. Then toss out the garbage and add the bbk lt headers. If you do it in that order you will be very satisfied. The first thing i did was 4.10 gears and it was a night and day diff. I felt like i added 50 hp. Obviously i did not gain any hp but you will bring out the anger in your motor. Trust me. My 96 is bone stock except for cold air intake,pullies,4.10's and i am running 13.3's on some shitty ass tomikiko tires. With slicks i will be 13.0 maybee 12.9 with a good jump. MY 1-2 gear is a lot of clutch work without slicks or i would spin all day. TRUST ME ! Do it in this order and you will be a happy man :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info