• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

How to change grill emblem

Kegger

Addict
Jun 23, 2005
I want to take off the old Pony and put in my new Cobra emblem on the front grill. But the two screws holding in the Pony are funky. It looks like you would need a hollowed-out Allen wrench to get them out. I never seen an Allen wrench like that before...lol I took it to Landmark Ford this morning for a free detail anyway, and the service guy said that it would cost $30.00!!! I said that is rediculous because if your mechanic has that tool, it will take him 2 minutes to change it out. He said sorry but I have to charge you. I told him to forget about it! Does anyone know where I can find this tool to take the grill emblem off?

Also, my freaking gas pedal broke off yesterday! I'm still waiting to hear back from Landmark Ford about an estimate to replace it. There is only 8,000 miles on my car and I can't believe it broke off. The pedal is held to the gas lever by one screw.....and that screw only goes through plastic on the gas pedal itself. What a crappy day.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Kegger said:
I want to take off the old Pony and put in my new Cobra emblem on the front grill. But the two screws holding in the Pony are funky. It looks like you would need a hollowed-out Allen wrench to get them out. I never seen an Allen wrench like that before...lol I took it to Landmark Ford this morning for a free detail anyway, and the service guy said that it would cost $30.00!!! I said that is rediculous because if your mechanic has that tool, it will take him 2 minutes to change it out. He said sorry but I have to charge you. I told him to forget about it! Does anyone know where I can find this tool to take the grill emblem off?

Also, my freaking gas pedal broke off yesterday! I'm still waiting to hear back from Landmark Ford about an estimate to replace it. There is only 8,000 miles on my car and I can't believe it broke off. The pedal is held to the gas lever by one screw.....and that screw only goes through plastic on the gas pedal itself. What a crappy day.
Sears has a real nice set I picked up for around $15 you get a lot of bits and a screw driver.

Kegger

Addict
Jun 23, 2005
Dana said:
Ford had a lot of problems with the gas pedals on these cars. Many of them broke. Should be warranty if you still have one.

if not, they are pretty cheap anyway.

Dan

No more factory warranty for me. The pedal is $100.....you can't just buy the pedal itself, you have to buy the entire gas pedal assembly including the metal lever that bolts up to the firewall. I still can't believe that the pedal is bolted to the metal lever through flimsy plastic. :mad:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info