• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Is this a no-brainer mod that everyone does?

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Im talking about the boost-bypass mod that costs nothing. Are all you ladies and gents that have the 03/04 cobras with the stock eatons doing this mod as a first thing when you get it home? I rarely hear about it, and I ran into this on the RPMoutlet website. I was wondering what was though about doing this mod, especially when doing a smaller blower pulley. Heres the website.

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/boost%20bypassc.htm

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Jiggy_One said:
Im talking about the boost-bypass mod that costs nothing. Are all you ladies and gents that have the 03/04 cobras with the stock eatons doing this mod as a first thing when you get it home? I rarely hear about it, and I ran into this on the RPMoutlet website. I was wondering what was though about doing this mod, especially when doing a smaller blower pulley. Heres the website.

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/boost%20bypassc.htm

I hear mixed thoughts on this.... some say no don't do it and others say yes....I am however one of the more dearing one's so i tried it. My problem was when I would rev the car out in 2nd (just b 4 redline) and shift into 3rd it fall flat on its face when I shifted....I tried the boost bypass mod and it fixed it...Im not sure if all cobra's do this or not but mine did and it sucked so...my .02 cents try it and if u dont like it change it back. Another note...after I installed my Kenne Bell, they had my re-route all of my vacum lines and which they had me do the boost bypass too...so it's all up to you just my .02 cents! :biggthump

Whitey04

Regular
Apr 2, 2006
I beleive you shouldn't do it and here is why. By bypassing the vacuum valve your creating a constant pressure from the supercharger, and your factory tune doesn't support that. In other words heres what happens, when cruising your car's fuel curve is designed to lean out, and with a added boost of air in the cylinders your creating an extremely lean condition. Lean = cylinder damage Now you might be saying yeah ok, but the computer can see the boost pressure in the intake and will adjust. True, But the factory tune will always default to its factory fuel curve first then adjust. If you had just got done beating on your engine and then slowed to a cruise the cylinders are hot and a lean condition for a few second over and over and over may lead to a knock (clyinder damage).

DJ

Forum Sponsor
Oct 20, 2005
maybe im wrong but at wot by the diagram the bypass closes so it doesnt mess with your tune at all. In my case im thinking about doing it because my car falls on its faces at shift changes at wot. I already have a tune oviously he didnt mess with the bypass at all. Ive heard of a lot of terminators doing this but soon as they do the mod it solves the problem. :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info