• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Just finished installing a BAP & Prochamber

wizdawg

TCG Elite Member
May 1, 2005
1st, the O/R Prochamber.

I just finished installing it. Sounds awesome. I can't really get on it yet, still need a tune. But I am glad so far with the sound at idle and no boost acceleration. Much better sound than the Bassani O/R X I had on the car for a few days.

A little fitment problem I had was the driver side front O2 sensor. It was too short. The bung in the Prochamber must be farther down the pipe because it just wouldn't make it. I cut the wires in half and added an additonal 3 inches of wire. I guess this is what you have to deal with if you want the sound of the Prochamber. Other than that the fit/quality was okay.

2nd, the BAP with wiring upgrade.

I have a quesion about this. Does this sound normal or even explainable? The BAP gain control was probably set around 5% when I 1st started the car. It idled very hard and quickly got worse, and after about 10 seconds the car died. I then turned the BAP gain to 30% and tried again. The idle was initially ruff and quickly got better. After about 1 minute it was smooth as normal. What happened? Is a hard idle normal for a few seconds after a BAP install. I was expecting it to start up smooth. Think everything is okay?

Thanks,
Brian

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
wizdawg said:
1st, the O/R Prochamber.

I just finished installing it. Sounds awesome. I can't really get on it yet, still need a tune. But I am glad so far with the sound at idle and no boost acceleration. Much better sound than the Bassani O/R X I had on the car for a few days.

A little fitment problem I had was the driver side front O2 sensor. It was too short. The bung in the Prochamber must be farther down the pipe because it just wouldn't make it. I cut the wires in half and added an additonal 3 inches of wire. I guess this is what you have to deal with if you want the sound of the Prochamber. Other than that the fit/quality was okay.

I have a quesion about this. Does this sound normal or even explainable? The BAP gain control was probably set around 5% when I 1st started the car. It idled very hard and quickly got worse, and after about 10 seconds the car died. I then turned the BAP gain to 30% and tried again. The idle was initially ruff and quickly got better. After about 1 minute it was smooth as normal. What happened? Is a hard idle normal for a few seconds after a BAP install. I was expecting it to start up smooth. Think everything is okay?

Thanks,
Brian

im not sure what else u have done to your car but the bap has % settings for each one of there pulleys i.e. 3" pulley 20%, etc etc im not sure where yours should be set on but thats what i would check out

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
wizdawg said:
1st, the O/R Prochamber.

Thanks,
Brian

What catback do you have mated to the o/r prochamber?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
wizdawg said:
www.dagostinoracing.com

I have always delt with Derek. I don't know if there are other employees or not. Real nice guy. Highly recommended. He had some special going on when I bought it. I don't know what the regular price is.

Regular price is usually around $250. Derek is a good guy. He used to be with Lethal Performance.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
wizdawg said:
1st, the O/R Prochamber.

Thanks,
Brian

Do you have the Hobbs switch setup with your BAP? If you do, the BAP isn't even functioning at idle, regardless of the setting on the knob.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info