• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

New Part

svtfoci

Regular
Feb 1, 2006
ok i gave up trying to get that darn thing working, i had it in in about a half hour and i was all glad until i tryed it out and i cant put my car into reverse :eek:h: so after another hour and a half of trying diffrent things to get it into reverse i decided to say screw it and push it out of the garage and im going to call the mfg in the morning on my way to the shop. :argue:

natedog_1959

Aug 10, 2005
That's really weird that it wouldn't install correctly. My steeda/Ford Racing STS went in like a dream. Maybe they shortened the pivot a bit too much and your cars tolerances are outside the capabilities of the shifter. Or maybe the shift linkages need to be adjusted. I know that was a common problem with the MTX-75 5 speed tranny in the standard focus. Good luck with the install. Nate.

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
svtfoci said:
ok i gave up trying to get that darn thing working, i had it in in about a half hour and i was all glad until i tryed it out and i cant put my car into reverse :eek:h: so after another hour and a half of trying diffrent things to get it into reverse i decided to say screw it and push it out of the garage and im going to call the mfg in the morning on my way to the shop. :argue:
Did you get the problem solved? :confused: :dunno:

svtfoci

Regular
Feb 1, 2006
Yep guys, sry i didnt post the outcome. I took it to my buddies shop in schererville and we had to make some minor moddifications to it and it works great now. The manufacture called me last week and asked what i had done to fix it and then they appoligized for it. They said that they were thinking about sending it back to have it redezigned. i donno :dunno:. other than the install problem it is a very good shifter

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info