• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

car has problems at high RPM

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
i'm goin with vacum problem too. very similar to my car when a vacum line wasnt plugged into the back of the throttle body (i know, i'm a noob, didnt see it) and it would rough idle and almost die out (never fully died though) but it did drop drastically like that and i had to keep it revved at 1k at lights just to stop it from dieing out.

BlckCobra

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2005
MGT2002 said:
i'm goin with vacum problem too. very similar to my car when a vacum line wasnt plugged into the back of the throttle body (i know, i'm a noob, didnt see it) and it would rough idle and almost die out (never fully died though) but it did drop drastically like that and i had to keep it revved at 1k at lights just to stop it from dieing out.

thanks ill check that at like 8am and let you know... any more ideas are welcome... :biggthump

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
Damm Nick my car does that same shit but doesnt die consistantly like that it only dies once in a while but the RPM's always drop to like 200 when I come to a stop. But it doesn' t drop like that after letting off the gas only when I come to a complete stop :dunno: . I would have to say you have a vacuum leak or check you IAC. :headbang:

2k4gt

qwik01cobra's cousin
Feb 21, 2006
A NICK I WAS HAVING KINDA THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY CAR AND MY PLUGS WERE TO HOT AND THEY GOT FUCKED FROM THE HEAT AND IT DID THAT SHIT THATS JUST AN IDEA :rolleyes: AND SOME TIMES WHEN I WOULD STOP IT WOULD ALSO DIE BUT WHEN I WOULD HIT ABOUT 5,000 IT WOULD JUST CUT AND EATHER DIE OR COME REALLY CLOSE TO IT THE RPM'S WOULD DROP LIKE CRAZY :burnout:

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
it wouldn't be a MAF leak...you can unplug your maf even remove your maf and it will run rough but not die out....plus it will set off a MIL...usually on fords you can unplug almost ever sensor and the car will still stay running...thats way i say it has to be something non computer control...something dumb :confused: :confused: :confused:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
As someone mentioned earlier, Did you check the fuel rail pressure sensor?
It may have blown out the diaphram. The symptoms sound similar.

Easy to check. Just pull the vacuum line off of it and check for fuel in the line. You may also smell fuel in the oil by checking the dipstick.

If you do smell gas in the oil, change the oil and the FRPS.

Dana

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info